Classic, Ink, or Limelight?

i personally prefer classic b i joined this community for the 1st time in early 2015 so ink wasn’t released.
and it’s just a matter of taste,
I personally believe if some glitches were fixed in classic ,it would be more appreciated that it is, but I understand your opinions.
and just a theory, but ink went the most time being the most recent artstyle:
classic (from the beggining to mid/late 2015)
ink (mid/late 2015 (officially released to everyone in early 2016) to mid 2017)
limelight (mid 2017(officially released))
so that made it the most liked

3 Likes

@GamrrGuy Yep! That’s the one. Personally, I never bothered playing it. But I do remember seeing it in the Google Play Store back then.

I respect others’ preferences and opinions as well. Obviously, we all like different things, but one thing that I wish for was for people to be more open-minded when it comes to reading stories. There are so many good stories in all the styles, but some people will skip them simply because they don’t like the art style. I understand why some do that, but I feel that it isn’t a good method to practice because you’re missing out on so many good stories. At least give things a chance, and see where it goes from there. You’ll never know what you’re missing out on unless you give something a chance. :wink:

Also, Classic was there since 2014 and was discontinued in 2016. Ink was made available to everyone in 2016, but I guess you can say it debuted in 2015 from the Demi Lovato: Path to Fame and Mean Girls: Senior Year featured stories. So 2015/2016 for Ink, discontinued in 2017/2018. And Limelight is what they’re focusing on now, and the cycle will repeat itself when a new style arrives.

There are millions of players who play Episode. Ink may have won the poll on the forums, but 245 people doesn’t compare to millions. Sure, it gives us an idea, but not an accurate scope.

Also, for those wondering, here’s an example of what I’m talking about. The instagram pages also have some interesting things that could have been ported to Episode’s Classic style.

image image

This one below shows a lot of items as well.

These things and the hidden stuff only scrape the surface of what was ported to the Classic style for Episode, and what was created for it.

Just imagine what it could have been when you realize the amount of content they left out when they adopted this style from Campus Life. Pretty insane. They’d most likely have to compensate for the males, though; I believe they struggled with creating more hairstyles & clothes for them because they had to start from scratch while Campus Life gave the female characters a full tank of them from the get-go. Though, they still had to develop more either way.

It’s bittersweet. Because while I’d love this, at the same time, I understand Episode’s decision completely. It’s another reason why I like Classic a lot because it had so much potential. But they have to evolve and move forward, never staying in one place. I study business administration; I understand what they’re doing and why they’re doing it. I just don’t agree with how they’re doing it.

All of the styles give us options to tell stories based on their basis, whether cartoon, realism or even something completely different from the two… and it’s good to learn a thing or two from all of them.

4 Likes

100% agreeing with you the artstyle shouldn’t matter when it comes to reading a story and btw when I said in the beginning I was referring from the beggining of the app’s existence,not early 2015 but I guess I could have been more objective,

2 Likes

My favourite is limelight, because I love the animations, and the characters are better looking to me. It creeped me out at first, but it grew on me. I do wish they had more facial features and hairstyles, but it looks like they’re releasing some soon anyway.

I also like ink, I really like the fluidity of the animations, but I find the animations themselves a bit weird sometimes, like the chuckle one.

I’ve never finished an episode in classic, I can’t take it seriously. I will if I find a really good story in classic though.

1 Like

i prefer ink. i don’t know why. like how kinda realistic but then it not

4 Likes

Limelight is definitely realistic, but I agree that classic is creepy. I am torn between Ink and Limelight right now because Limelight has more options, but I’m waiting for those ones in Love Life to be available to the public.

4 Likes

Thanks for all of your replies. It’s so interesting to see what you all think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love your name!
And I love Ink best and I am slowly loving LL

1 Like

And one thing I HATE about limelight and ink and that was good in classic is that the guys are same size as girls, even worse they look smaller than girls in limelight. And classic had it right withe guys taller than girls.
Tho I found a way to go around it in limelight but it just gives you a lot more work and thinking wich is a bit of pain in the ass

3 Likes

My favorite is Limelight. It looks the most realistic and vivid, and it has the best animations.

I haven’t read a lot of Classic stories, but it has grown on me some.

Ink looks pretty cartoonish and bland.

2 Likes

I actually love ink because it’s cartoonish.
It makes me feel like a kid again, playing some clicker cartoon game.

4 Likes

I don’t like Ink. It looks ugly to me and for me it isn’t possible to create a beautiful and hamsome character. No matter the gender. Classic looks creepy and even worde than Ink. I am glad that most people don’t use it anymore.
And Limelight is my favorite. It looks realistic and so beautiful. There aren’t a lot facial options yet but it’s new and we saw in Love Life that it’ll change. Love the realism of Limelight and I honestly only play storys where Limelight is used. The other both are just ugly to me.

So yeah. Limelight is fot me by far the best.

3 Likes

hahahaha i used to play that. thats why i thought it was weird when i saw episode using the same characters. makes sense tho its all pocket gems.

3 Likes

lmao. im going to do the dust off animation right now so i can see what you mean.

1 Like

I just have always preferred INK i just like how it looks. what about everyone else. INK or Limelight

All day INK! INK INK INK INKKKK XD LOL

3 Likes

classic

2 Likes

Classic’s probably my least favorite because of the characters’ proportions and generally doll-like appearances, but I like some of the clothing (and kind of wish they’d been converted to Ink or Limelight). I can tolerate it if I’m reading an older story.

I like Ink’s cartoony style, as it does look like something that could actually be animated. The use of black lines and cel shading really adds to it, and it has the most expressive animations.

Limelight has the most range in features, and I like the look of how much work has gone into it over time (and the clothes in particular are lovely). I just wish the animations didn’t look so…stiff? A bit uncanny valley-esque? It’s probably the more realistic art style, but the characters look more like supermodels and don’t seem to have as much emotional range in their animations as Ink.

2 Likes

Hello everyone ! I wanted to know which style would you prefer to write or read in and why. I know there has been alot of polls discussing this topic, but i wanted to make a September one, especially after the big LL tattoo update :slight_smile:

You can comment below v

2 Likes

I prefer to read and write in ink

2 Likes