Classic, Ink, or Limelight?

I like it because there’s a lot of choice.

I dislike it because it’s unheimlich. The closer something is to real life, the more obvious and creepy it becomes when you notice the small unrealistic things.

4 Likes

At first I couldn’t stand the LL… But now I’m starting to love it cuz of the amazing clothes and so many animations and it has so many features to choose. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I kinda like limelight now cause I am actually make a character that look like me, good animations, good features, etc.

INK all the way. The animations, the style, the expressions! I love it.

I am sorry, Limelight, but I in my head, you are cancelled. Throw in as many clothes and freckles as you wish, but I just cannot read a story in Limelight (there is only one exception) without shaking my head in disaproval all along. I like stories that make me cry, and for some reason, Limelight characters just fail at conveying their emotions. Too fake for my tastes. It is like watching a movie with terrible actors.

No sense in crying over spilled milk, though. Sadly, Limelight is the future. People love new clothes and “realism”. I never cared about that in Episode, but what can I do? Now I can only think that some day I will be one of those veterans that love Classic, except I will love Ink.

Anyway, I apologise to those that like Limelight better, but I will most likely never read a story in that style again.

5 Likes

yissss diverse casts in ink are so hard to come by. is it just me that finds the beach wave hair really plain? could be because i love edgy characters and use the shaved hairstyles :laughing:

2 Likes

sort of like the ‘uncanny valley’ in animation? that weird stage that’s not quite human but not cartoonish enough to be cute and stylized? i guess i feel that way about LL too

I am working on an Ink story with over 50 characters and they all look different. I think it is a matter of understanding that not everyone has to look like a model, and of venturing to using the “awkward looking” features.

2 Likes

haha well I think the ink animations are way too dramatic and now I cringe every time I read an ink story lol. And also with limelight its actually freaking possible to create attractive unique characters without only one set of features! We don’t have to constantly rely on the button nose and short cropped hair and beach wave hair all the time. :smiley:

1 Like

i’m glad you’re doing that, good luck with the story! favourite ‘non-model’ features? i love the thick eyebrows and shaved hairstyles

Exactly like the Uncanny Valley! I was gonna say Coraline’s button world thing, but that’s even better

1 Like

I know practically no one agrees with me, but CLASSIC :heart::heart:

2 Likes

My only beef with INK is how the cartoonish, outlined style clashes with realistic backgrounds and overlays.

Ink is the best. Limelight is just way too much, the animations are horrible. And don’t get me wrong, i did want the styles to be more realistic, but not THAT realistic.

• Limelight
  • Ink
  • Classic

0 voters

What character style do people prefer to watch INK OR LL?

Ink but I don’t hate limelight

True. But LL be creeping me out sometime lol when I try to watch a new episode I get weirded out with their faces lmao idk. I still manage to finish, but why it got to look like that. No hate just creep out:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t mind. Ink has better animations but LL has a larger quantity that is available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea that true, but I wish episode come out with body size that would be cool.

Yeah it would, hoping that they’d have this in mind for the future.

1 Like