Classic, Ink, or Limelight?

That’s the same thing I think. But I don’t like the male characters very much.

1 Like

I think so too. But I don’t hate LL. I just prefer Ink😂

1 Like

I’m crying at your cons list :sob::sob::sob::joy:

1 Like

LL will never grow on me, they have way too many cons, they are slow the boys are ugly, and I can’t read l l story without thinking it was made by a 5 year old with bad acting because of their animations, no hate to the author though. I was team ink since day one. P s they do look realistic, and they have all these features coming out, but that doesn’t really matter to me, it’s the story. But I guess people like the new features because it gives a better visual and it is a visual storytelling app.

2 Likes

I don’t think I will either but I wish I liked it. If Limelight had INKs animations I think I would love it. I just can’t connect with the LL characters because the animations are terrible and awkward. It’s impossible for the LL guys to be appealing, too, because of the animations.

3 Likes

Right :heavy_check_mark:,

Actually… some guys with beards can look… passable? But the moment they move or change their dead-inside expressions to another and-now-I-am-even-more-dead-inside one, they lose all their charm.

Also, unpopular opinion: am I the only one who thinks Limelight females do not look particularly good? In fact, never mind. They look WAY TOO GOOD, which makes me think… many people say Limelight is realistic, but how is a perfect, totally unblemished woman realistic?

I think that is exactly why I dislike Limelight females, too.

Males are not ugly but awkward, while females are seemingly perfect? Not even with eye-bags can you make them look like real people. Where are the sharp, bold features? Realistic = baby, soft faces?

5 Likes

yeah exactly! I’ve made a handsome LL male but as soon as he’s animated, he’s just… no. You’re right, the females are all literally perfect. Too perfect. I think they’re pretty but it’s hard to make anyone not look like a supermodel. I really wish we could get a revamped INK style. I know episode abandoned INK bc of all the bugs and problems, but why not redo it? New features, clothes, skins, animations??? I feel like episode is dying ever since LL took over.

3 Likes

Call me weird but I love Limelight. Im writing my first story in limelight now im regretting it bc more people seem to like ink ahh

1 Like

That’s not weird at all. All of my stories are in Limelight.

There is nothing weird about loving Limelight! And I despise it :joy:

Write your story and publish it without worrying about that. There are a lot of INK fans, but I assure you, Limelight is favoured over INK. And even if it were not, you should write to please yourself, then to please an audience :blush:

2 Likes

Me too! Ink is the way to go in my world… I haven’t warmed up to LL as yet :see_no_evil:

I prefer reading stories that are either in Ink or Limelight.
Classic just blinds my eyes very quickly for some reason. It’s just the movement of the characters looks weird af for me.

2 Likes

Weird, because most of the time I see ink supporters saying that LL guys look young and have baby faces, and ink looks more mature.

4 Likes

It’s really funny when people say LL males look like children bc most INK writers either use Defined Triangle, Diamond or Stubble which makes them not look older than 20 (its 30 with stubble though) :skull:

3 Likes

I respect your opinion, but believe me, those are the most popular faces in INK because they are the “less” awkward ones and go well with almost every other feature. Age is 100% subjetive. For instance, I have a character who has the stubble face and he is just turning 18 :woman_shrugging:

And I have men of 38-55 years old who have those faces you mentioned because they actually look young (there are “old” people with little to no wrinkles, after all) or because I compensate with one of the mature eyes sets.

Main point: older men and women were easy to make. This is something that * I * (and many other INK lovers) cannot achieve in Limelight. But then again, that is only one perspective.

7 Likes

Don’t understand why you felt obligated to reply but believe me, personally * I * am tired of seeing the same characters. There’s a lot of features people use in LL, it’s not the same for INK.

1 Like

I did not feel obligated at all. As it is a forum, I thought I could simply reply with an opinion of my own.

Okay, I understand. I disagree, but I understand your point :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

A few months ago I was team INK all the way and wouldn’t budge on trying LL, but I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried writing in LL and turns out, I LOVE it! Sure the animations are different and the style is so not what I’m used to, but I’ve really warmed up to it all. More props, more realistic, soo many animations…and updates almost every week! I get a lot of people are still hooked on INK, but can I just suggest, try LL. Try reading a story in LL or write in LL…because we have to face it, INK is getting outdated, and there won’t be any new updates for it. I know change can be hard to accept, but sometimes, it’s not so bad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dang. Ya know…:thinking: I haven’t thought of this specifically before because I never tried consciously to really make an elder or anything in LL, but I’m thinking about it and I think you’re right.

Yeah…she looks incomplete, like something’s definitely missing with this.

3 Likes