Classic, Ink, or Limelight?

Thank you for providing that picture. Look, she does seem to be older than our typical Episode teenagers and young adults, but like you say, she is also missing something in order to appear “old”. Honestly, the only “mature” feature are her eyes… and even then, having eye bags while being young is pretty common. I should know, my face is 15% face and 85% eye bags :joy:

Also, dear NelidaU, I just noticed that your icon is Static fucking Shock and now I really, really, really want to watch that show and cry my eyes out. The nostalgia. I have totally forgotten about that show.

2 Likes

DUuuuuuuUDE~~~~!!! I LOVE Static Shock! Like, fam…I forgotten about him, too until a couple days ago, and I was like. OOOOooof!!! Time for a nostalgia boner marathon! X’DD

Anyways >.>

1 Like

Im gonna try writing a story LL, but I’m obsessed with INK, I ALWAYS SEEM TO MISS IT WHEN NOT WRITING IN IT

1 Like

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

I prefer INK but LL has more CC options so I write in that. I used to think it looked really ugly, but it’s growing on me. All of the characters still walk with bent legs though :joy:

5 Likes

true they walk really weird :joy:

I laughed out loud at where you mention the punching lmfao

1 Like

So I’ve recently started writing my own story (originally in Limelight) but then a dilemma appeared. I started thinking what if I write it in Ink instead? Now I’ve been contemplating for days and I still can’t figure out what to do.

Many people seem to like to read in Ink more than Limelight and at first I didn’t understand since I HATED Ink when it first came out but it grew on me, but then Limelight is easier to write in (personally) and the animations are smoother, also Limelight is the newest style so its get updated recently and will keep getting updates in the future.

So, I just wanted to make a quick poll so that you guys can vote which style you like better and enjoy reading in.

• Ink
  • Limelight

0 voters

Also if you want leave an explanation on why you enjoy the style below

1 Like

Tbh, I love all styles, Classic, Ink, Limelight, you name it. Pick a style that YOU feel comfortable with working.

Don’t worry about what people like to read in what kind of style. It’s their choice/decision whether they want to read in whatever style they want to read it in.

If you hate INK, don’t work with INK. If you love LIMELIGHT, heck, work with it. You choose what YOU love to work with.

DO YOUR THING! :sunglasses: :v:t3: :raised_hands:t3: :fire:

5 Likes

Tbh I think both INK and Limelight are better than Classic. Sure I have mentioned in a previous thread that Classic is too scary for me and very unrealistic compared to INK and Limelight.

2 Likes

INK is my drug. Limelight is too waxy and I cannot stand the animations.

However, if you like Limelight better, then do write in Limelight. Work with what you are comfortable with and do not think about your readers’ preferences.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love INK but since it’s never gonna get updated I’ve just started to like LL more.

2 Likes

I love both ink and limelight. You should write in the style you want to, because both of them have dedicated fan bases. You have a chance of your story becoming successful either way.

2 Likes

Hey y’all!

So, i wat to write a new story but i don’t know in what style i should write it…
So vote for with on you like more

• Ink
  • Limelight

0 voters

I decided to start writing in limelight last summer and I have so many regrets… Ink is way better, more choices with clothing and animations. Plus i think the anatomy of limelight characters is so weird…with those super long skinny legs

1 Like

After reading tons and tons of INK-stories, I’m reading a LL-story right now, because despite I prefer INK, I would something different one time, so I would give LL a chance.
(Ok, also because some recommended stories in my topic are in LL…)

However, I have to get used to it more than I thought. The animation/movement is so slow, and some eyes look creepy I think…? :no_mouth:
Also, when the character has blue eyes, it seems like you can look right through them. When they are green, they don’t seem natural.
But I like the colors in LL (overall), the fact that it seems more real, the hairstyles the clothes, and… the underwear (yes, way prettier in LL I think),
Some face-expressions also seem better in LL.

Limelight is way more realistic

2 Likes

I love INK :heart:

2 Likes

I almost laughed out loud when a LL-character started to run during a chapter. It looks ridiculous in LL I think, but it’s still funny.
However, if you’re reading a very serious story and suddenly they start to run all idiotic like that… Don’t seem a good combination.

2 Likes

You know what? I only read INK stories… mostly. But from time to time I try to read Limelight. Sometimes they grip me, on many occasions they do not. I still give them a shot, but the other day, for instance, I tried reading one (does not matter the name) and the first scene was a Limelight male running down an alley. I had to exit right away :joy:

Also, on a side note, I love INK, but complete seriousness in Episode is almost impossible to achieve, no matter the style.

Still prefer INK, though.