Classic, Ink, or Limelight?

I choose INK!!!

4 Likes

Limelight! I think INK characters look really creepy when they walk.

5 Likes

I was okay with Classic because I played another game by Pocket Gems that used characters that looked exactly like Classic characters. It’s not my favorite, but it’s the OG.

Limelight is okay for me. When limelight first came out I was annoyed by it and wouldn’t read stories in Limelight. Now, I’ve warmed up to it even though a lot of the guy features are scary or ugly to me.

INK is currently my favorite. I just like that the characters are cartoon-y rather than realistic. Even though I despise the old INK clothes it’s still the best style and the one I prefer to use.

9 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community :v:t2:

I have to agree with you on that. :grin:

I seem to be in the minority here, but I vastly prefer Limelight to Ink. To me, the Ink characters just look kind of funky, and I’ve especially never really liked any of the hairstyles. I like the more realistic look of Limelight. I’ll still read Ink occasionally, but often I click out of a story if it’s not in Limelight, just because it’s my personal preference.

10 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Kinda weird, but I find the exact opposite. I think it’s a lot easier to make good looking characters in LL, while I find INK characters very… unpleasant. Especially the boys.

7 Likes

LL.
I prefer writing characters with male leads - and in Ink, it’s pretty hard to make appealing looking male characters. At least, for my purposes. I can’t make a male character with softer features (sounds weird, but looking more like a twink than some stud bad boy). The face shapes are ugly, those god-forsaken sarcastic eyes, the lips, everything. When it comes down to it, male LL characters just seem more pleasing to the eye, even if they do have baby faces. One of the only things I don’t like about LL boys? How muscly they are. I want to write a semi-chubby, short blonde boy for an MC, not some muscled-up asshole. Though, the addition of chubby looking faces is nice.

I just prefer the look and aesthetic more. Ink characters seem so superficial and cartoony to look at. It doesn’t help that everybody’s calling for it to get more crap added to it - when LL needs far more items than Ink does. That just ends up pissing me off even more in the end.

12 Likes

I totally agree with you! Limelight needs a lot more items than Ink! Limelight doesn’t even have formal dresses for female leads. In my opinion, Ink has it all. I don’t think Ink need anything else. But it’s just my opinion, I’ve only read stories in Ink, I’ve never written a story in Ink.

2 Likes

I agree with you

Yeah! I totally don’t get why people keep saying you can’t make an INK guy hot (in a cartoon-ish way).

7 Likes

Glad to hear your opinions :wink:

INK! :heart:

• characters are full of emotions
  • gestures are relatable
  • I love the look of characters!
  • A lot of features/ clothes (although we’re still missing some important ones)

I don’t like Limelight for the same reason. It’s too fake. Movement. Animations.
I think so too, they just rushed releasing of LL.
It’s just emotionless.
Not too mention the girls are taller than guys so you have to spot direct the whole story.

12 Likes

I like both INK and Limelight. INK has more clothing options and more features, but Limelight is more realistic and beautiful in my opinion. I wrote my story in INK and honestly, the characters just didn’t look the way I pictured them. In Limelight, most of them do.

4 Likes

When it comes to reading, I either go for Ink or Limelight. But for writing I prefer Ink, Lime light to me seems it’s still in a developing stage. As you can see these weird outlined circles on the characters eyes when you’re zoomed in their faces. I personally don’t like it and it makes the characters less “real” to me. That and they don’t have enough hairstyles or facial features for the guys or girls. I would like to move on and make stories in Limelight, but until they smooth them out more (if they ever) and add variety to their appearances I’ll stick to Ink.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think if LL had come before INK people would prefer LL. :joy: I was the same with INK and Classic when INK first came out. Hated it, thought the guys were ugly af, but it grew on me.
That’s why, I don’t care what style a story is in. I prefer to write for LL because it’s cleaner and more realistic, but I’d take a good INK story over a crappy LL story any day, and vice versa.
People just like what they’re used to, I think.

8 Likes

I think I’m biased on this issue. INK, I like it because of it’s ridiculously awesome wardrobe options. LIMELIGHT, I also like it because of the large variety of actions and awesome combinations of lipstick :blush:. CLASSIC always gave me the creeps, but no offence to those who are still hooked on it.
I think LIMELIGHT would be more liked if more closet stuff and variety of hairstyles would be introduced in it (I liked Talia’s hairstyle in Pitch Perfect: In Deep Treble) and INK would also be more liked if there would be more actions possible (I’m personally rooting for that award one which we see in Demi Lovato).

1 Like

Thank you for contributing your opinions on this topic.

I guess LL just isn’t my particular thing for these reasons:

-the characters’ faces just creep me out LOL
-their emotions just don’t seem natural
-plus I’m just so used to writing stories with INK

2 Likes

I noticed this