Cliche Descriptions and what I can do?

Tags:
@schittwriter
@Honey_bae
@Raitlyn

:joy_cat:
Descriptions like these are heavily over used to describe LI’s, and so I’m wondering how my MC could describe her LI without it sounding like this :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Maybe try something like this:

His beautiful COLOR eyes sparkled in the the sun/moonlight. He was officially the most handsome man I’ve ever seen. His perfectly toned body stood out from everyone else’s.

Idk :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Better than anything I could come up with :joy_cat: :kissing_cat:

1 Like

I would say just think how you would react in real life.

I mean, you wouldn’t go up to someone in real life (that you liked) and think of ‘oooo they look like a greek god’ etc…

4 Likes

Maybe try writing about things they notice about the LI’s personality/habits and not just the looks. I think that is what people don’t like.

2 Likes

Not to mention cringey story descriptions :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

:joy:
Thank you for the idea.
The only problem is that I’m on the younger side, and I don’t generally look at people (even celebs) and think oh they look handsome, they have nice eyes, etc.

I’m just like, oh, that person is pretty/nice, etc.

Heck, I had a crush on someone only because they were nice to me :joy:

Plus, I suck at descriptions :kissing:

1 Like

That’s a good idea :thinking:

But that also feels a bit cliche too much, you get what I mean?

Oh, he was the most handsome guy I had ever seen, and he was so sweet and charming, etc.

1 Like

Oh the horror :worried:

1 Like

I don’t mean about being sweet to them. I mean like you can tell he is someone who gets nervous easily by the way he fidgets with his necklace etc

2 Likes

The way he fidget with his necklace when he gets nervous is endearing?

Oo, I like that :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah and the cringe!

1 Like

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: wel you can do the oposite like :

he was smaller then me for 20 centimetres and looked like old potato, his bely was dangerously floating over the edge of his jeans and his eyes ware cloced in fat so deep I was not even able to recognise the color.

:rofl: well so you can be sure its not cliche​:wink::grin:

4 Likes

I-

:joy_cat: :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

What’s the context of this scene so is it morning/ afternoon/ night and is it at the pool/ beach/ park/ etc and is the person doing something like is their hair wet or overly gel etc. Then maybe I can think of a non-cliche one?

For instance is the dudes hair is wet then:
“Love intrest’s name” came out the pool with wet hair. His hair was so sloppy and messy and repulsing with the crusty gel edges. But some how he looked cute maybe it was he didn’t care that everyone was looking at him strange or that he had a happy smile on his face. All I knew is I was happy.

Idk something where you describe him looking weird or un-fashionable but also happy and cute

2 Likes

The MC & LI are on a little “date” and after they eat and watch a movie, they go to watch the stars.

Ok so How about:
Line one: As we are watching the night sky I can’t help but notice how he smells like.
Line two: It’s like burn’t popcorn (or whatever food they ate) but he’s still cute.
Line three: I don’t mind though because I mean I smell like burn’t popcorn also.
Line four: Maybe it’s also because I notice how clam he is as the stars pass by. Or maybe I just don’t want this moment to end and I don’t mind our burn’t popcorn smelling sevles but I know that I could sit next to Mr. Burn’t popcorn for a bit.

You can also make it so it’s not burn’t popcorn if you want him to be a good smell or not have any flaws at the time, this is just my take of non-cliche. Also you can separate the lines differently too.

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

I love how you included my “Eh.” :joy:

1 Like

I had to :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like