'cliche's we love and cliches we should drop

i honestly am a huge fan of cliches, i read them all the time.
but there are some cliches that absolutely get on my fucking nerves, and if i do read a story with the cliches i dislike, i’ll immediately click off.

SO THE QUESTION IS
what cliche’s do you love and do you hate?
for example, i absolutely love mafia stories but absolutely hate the cliche where the “mean girl” blackmails the mc from dating the schools golden boy / bad boy

edit: oH mY GOD i HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the cliche in which the mc gets kidnapped by the love interest like OOOHHHHhhhHHh boYYYYY thats some stockholm syndrome typa shit mama disapproves .

9 Likes

one cliche i love is when the mc gets saves by the LI (from a pedo, mean girl, etc.) cus we dont want any ho dead :cold_face:

the cliche i hate the most are bad boys .

like those mf school bad boys o h m y g o d

LIKE WHEN THEYRE RUDE FIRST N THEN LIKE THE MC LIKE BRUH HOW :sob:

7 Likes

word brother

2 Likes

i also hate the mean girl always being blone like sis :skull:-

6 Likes

Honestly all cliches are fine to read by me as long as they have a good reason, written well, or they have a new twist.

6 Likes

I have to agree with the whole MC falling for the kidnapper thing. It’s played out and just … sad :expressionless:

7 Likes

Glorifying pregnancy that is a result of rape, unintelligent horny teenagers decision or drunk from a party.

9 Likes

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK,
honestly, they pick the “blonde” girls cause they stereo-typically pretty. there are so many girls which who are gorgeous who aren’t blonde hjdshajdhsdsfdsf

3 Likes

#BeautyandtheBeast

It’s strange like we don’t normally associate Disney with such themes…oh well #DarkDisney

2 Likes

true !
i really do love all sorts of cliches, especially when they add fun twists (:
if you’re on episode your a liar if you say you hate cliches AHAH

2 Likes

I love all cliches tbh and my favorite are the love-hate ones!!

1 Like

honestly it makes me feel really sick. it’s really unhealthy to glamorize situations like that.

i just really couldnt read stories like that even if i really tried too.

1 Like

god i adore love-hate cliches.
as long as they are respectful to each other, personally toxic relationships is a big no no

2 Likes

My favorite is The Shaw Brothers and BITTERSWEET

2 Likes

oMG CUTEEEEE

1 Like

I’m makin’ lists out here lmao.

I secretly like these cliches, but if you ask me about them, I'll deny it
  • “Grumpy one is soft for the sunshine one” lmao
  • The vampire bloodlust being a synonym for actual lust, I’ve seen this done poorly but also well
  • The animal attraction of werewolves, again, I’ve seen this done poorly but I’m not sick of it in principle
  • Idk how cliche this is but: “It turns out, in a dramatic twist, that the woman you thought was helpless was actually powerful all along, #girlpower!” Real spoiler: Talkin’ about Earlgreytea lol
  • Badass woman who’s a cop/spy/sniper etc, #girlpower again I guess
  • The occasional meme/vine references if they aren’t too overboard WHAT ARE THOOOOSE?
That's a no from me dawg
  • LI saves the MC from sexual assault and then they cuddle, this one is just cheap and sick
  • Stockholm syndrome as mentioned
  • Mafia/gangs
  • Blonde mean girl
  • Pregnant by the—girl stop. :unamused:
  • Quasi-immoral relationships (cough) I’m talking to you, teacher-student relationships (cough)
  • Bad boys (the leather, cigarettes, mouthing off to teachers kind)
  • Any cliches that are clearly borrowed from anime, you know who you are
18 Likes

omg i love all the same cliches as you !
and boYYYyYyYYY student teacher relationships are such a big no no as well as saving the mc from sexual assault. thats literally so so cheap

5 Likes

One cliche I like is the MC falling for a celebrity, like in My Skater Lover and Sinned. :upside_down_face:

Cliches I don’t like are student-teacher relationships, the mean girl who wants to ruin the MC’s life for no reason, falling for a gang leader, glorifying abuse, and pregnancy. Oh, and makeover stories, too!

4 Likes

cliches I like: Badboy >>>> Goodboy, Mafia/gang lov
cliches I don’t like: MC who can’t/wont stand up for themselves and need someone else to stand up for them, blond “mean girl” who’s a bully to the MC because “hEr PaReNtS aRe DiVoRcInG” or "sHe WaS jEaLoUs Of YoU"

2 Likes