CLICK ME ! This is an Serious question

I think this CAN be done, but you need to make sure you’re doing it right. I would recommend watching a lot of TV shows, seeing the camera angles, how the characters move through and interact with the sets and props, really understanding cinematography theory and practices, and making it extremely visually appealing to keep people invested.

One of my stories (Under Pressure) is written like this, no choices or CC, and directed very cinematically with the intention that it looks like a TV show or movie. One of the main comments I get on it is that usually they don’t like stories without CC and choices, but the writing and directing make it worth it. If you are planning on writing a story without CC or choices, you need to be aware that this is a disadvantage in many viewers’ eyes, so you’ll need to make up for it in other areas, whether that is amazing, well rounded characters with beautiful character arcs, jaw-dropping directing that keeps people wondering how you even pulled it off, or a crazy compelling storyline that keeps people on the edge of their seats.

I hope this helps, good luck!

4 Likes

Yeah, i watched tv all the time especially this particular show and I was only using the firefighters and 911 concept. But it won’t have the same names or other things I saw in the show. Would that be good?

Do u know how I can get in touch with her? To discuss this topic? I could really use the help.

Yeah, I, myself like to customize my characters all the time. lol

1 Like

Oh wow this was best explained. Thanks so much this really helped. Is the story under pressure still out so I could take a look? So I would problem have to get some one to make different angle backgrounds and stuff like that

1 Like

Yes, it’s still up! I write it with a friend of mine (she writes, I direct) and it’s on her account, but here’s the link!

I would definitely recommend getting backgrounds with different angles, doing a mix of wide shots, close-up shots, over the shoulders, flipping perspectives, etc.!

2 Likes

I think it would be good, maybe allow a few choices here and there such as what to say or wear. If you don’t use GEM choices put support the author at the end to boost your story!

I thought about doing this as well but I don’t have the patience for it. Like every episode is a new plot, etc. I think that would be super cool.

And once again, I learn that I don’t have one original bone in my body, LOL.

Thanks for the help. I would try my best to do with the story if I don’t give up and change the concept

1 Like

Thanks, I am thinking about putting a few choices for different characters.

Thanks and I have a new plot for each episode

I have never seen it done that way but I think its very interesting! It also depends on what the tv show is about. It might also take you a bit longer to create various stories or drama that happens since there wouldnt be a love interest but I like it!! :heart:

Yeah, I thought of new plots for each episode. And I’m still working on it since I thought of it today. But most people said it would have it’s ups and down but I’m really looking forward to it tho. But thanks for your opinion. It really helped me.

1 Like

Of course!!! If the plot is well-developed and well-built, I’m down! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion​:heart::heart:

1 Like

Hey

I once watched an episode story quite a while back called Laundry Shop which may or may not be of any use to you but it explains at the beginning of Episode 1 that it’s supposed to be like a TV series and it’s done really well (I had to stop because the directing was making me jealous😅)

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll take a look at it. Thanks for helping​:heart::heart:

1 Like

I’ll let u know. Cause imma need all the help I can get and I know Imma need backgrounds of all angles and other stuff to make this possible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.