Click on me, please! 😀 *kind of interesting?*

Hi!! I don’t even know what this is, but if you are interested, just keep reading, I guess!
Also, before we start, here’s a quick shoutout to my epi bestie.
@Amphia - I seriously do not know what I would do without you, dude! You are so helpful, open, understanding, supportive, and kind. I’m so happy we have become such good friends over a short period of time. I really can’t believe I met someone so great over the forums. I got super lucky :smile:
Love ya. Okay now let’s continue with whatever this is.
I see Outline, other art, coding, and more types of contests over the forums and I wanted to make a contest myself.
This is a character contest.
Here’s an explanation:
Instead of asking for background characters, I wanted to get a little more personal! So, let me lay it on you (the reader/contest enterer)-
Basically what I am asking for is a summary with your thoughts and answers to the following questions! Think about yourself. Your personality, the way you present yourself, etc…
Now, think about a stereotype you STRONGLY DESPISE.
Have you ever given into the status-quo? Have you ever let “Stick to the status quo!” get in your head?
Here are some more questions to consider:
In Episode or real life what are the types of stereotypes you dislike? Why?
What would you change about them?
(The more descriptive, the better!!)
Depending on how many people enter, I will decide a number of winners?
I know it’s a lot of work, but I think this is a great opportunity for self-reflection. Hopefully you enter! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask them!
Also, if you don’t feel comfortable submitting your summaries in the thread, you can PM me!
All the best! xx
PEOPLE WHO HAVE ENTERED:
@Amphia
@queenscribbles
@CrimsonJewel
@SpookySherry
@LettyM1
@Superpup

7 Likes

Aw, thank you so much! And right back at you. :grin:
I like the concept of this. Sounds great! I haven’t seen anything like this before.

How exactly are the winners chosen?

And to enter, I just need to give a summary as to how I think I present myself and act, and try to reflect on those questions to the best of my abilities?

2 Likes

Of course!!! :heart: :heart:
To answer your question, I am not really sure to be honest. When answers come in, I will somehow figure it out. I think the ones that click with me and are fit with the story.
Yes, to enter you can give a summary as to how you think you present yourself and how you act and try to reflect on the questions about stereotypes. Those are really important lol

2 Likes

Awesome!
Oooh, so you’ll use these for your stories?

1 Like

Yep! I will be using it for Emotion Assassins. :grin:

1 Like

I’ll enter… But it’s late where I am so I’ll write it tomorrow

2 Likes

Yay! :grin: :grin:
Sounds good. Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for making this! I love this idea. :heart:
Here’s my entry:

I guess I’ll start with the very basic information: I’m a high school student who lives in America.
I took a personality quiz that is honestly scarily accurate, weeks back and I got the personality they call the Advocate (or INFJ-T which stands for introverted, intuitive, feeling, and judging) which is one out of the 16 personalities listed by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).

Here’s a quote from the website:
The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers. These individuals are capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

Here’s the link to the quiz for anyone interested: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Continued

I found most of what it said to be scarily accurate, and it made me realize a lot about myself that I had not known before. I always try to present myself as a chill, kind, and thoughtful person. Oftentimes, I am aware that I come off as aloof, quiet, and reserved to people at first, especially to people I don’t open up to very fast. It’s not that I don’t trust people or don’t like meeting new people or anything, but it just happens. It’s hard to explain, but sometimes I do think I may be “too weird,” especially when I might make the other person uncomfortable when we aren’t familiar. I try not to think about first impressions too much, but I know they matter.

Due to the fact that I often introduce myself as a seemingly quiet and reserved person, I often then feel like I can no longer be myself, because the person I have introduced to them and the person who they currently know is so different than who I actually am. I feel like that shift may be odd and unnatural. The more I feel that way (which is almost inevitable), the more awkward I get.

Honestly, I am a weird and super crazy with my friends (a lot), but I love it. I’m an over thinker. I stress a lot, just like everyone else does.

I have been told many times that I stress too much. I guess everyone has that issue at some point, unfortunately. It’s very challenging. I do have trichotillomania which has left half my head bald recently for several months (as I was at my peak of stress). I do have thick hair, so I was able to cover it up for the most part with the hair that comes down from my middle part . It gets worse during heightened times of stress, so now that it’s summer, a lot of my hair has grown back, so I’m grateful. I often times do feel like I’m just being dramatic. I don’t want to trouble anyone else or even trouble myself more, even though I always seem to do that. I prefer to keep things like that myself and just laugh. Laughing doesn’t hurt anyone, so I just keep trying to get my healthy, daily dose of laughter. If anyone is reading this and struggling, just know that you are not alone. :heart: :pray: Hang in there. It does get better. You just need to keep going.

I can’t take a break until I get everything I want done. Thankfully, I’m the opposite of a procrastinator. I’m that classmate who runs to the library during lunch every single day and does their homework; even when there isn’t homework, I’ll probably be studying. I know I sound like the stereotypical nerd, I know, but it can be fun when you have friends come along. It reassures me that I can go home and have less work, and that if I didn’t do as well on a test, at least I know I studied until the very last minute and made the most of it. It’s still crushing for me to get a lower score than the standards I set for myself, but it makes the pain a little less hard, yet at the same time it makes me think that even if we try our hardest, we can’t achieve everything we want. I may sound like a pessimist, but I’d say I’m realistic.

I do my best to try to remind myself that there is no such thing as “being normal.” It’s just something that has been fabricated as a set of standards and expectations by society. Besides, it’s a lot more fun to set yourself free and be who you are.

Stereotypes

I hate stereotypes about religions and religious people. As a religious person, I do not disrespect other languages and go about insulting people of other religious and saying that my religion is “better.” As a Christian, I don’t like it when people undermine my beliefs, think that I’m homophobic, think that I’m a part of a weird cult, or think that I was “brainwashed.” If you disagree with my religion, that’s perfectly okay! I respect your opinion, but disrespecting anyone’s religion is rude.I’m not going to lie, I was homophobic before, because I was very uneducated, confused, and I knew nearly nothing of the LGBTQ+ community. Faith has always been a struggle for me, but I have learned and become a better person. People can change, and I believe that people need a chance to grow and improve. [spoiler]I do not want to offend anybody, and I respect other opinions, but I believe that the Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, and that it is also very contradicting and hypocritical at times in my opinion. For example, it says that being gay is a sin, but it also says to love everyone and that everyone is equal and loved in the eye’s of God. I choose to follow what the Bible says by loving everyone equally and not discriminating. /spoiler]

Another stereotype I hate is that mental illness is “all in your head” and you’ve got to “just stop.” It’s very rude and ignorant. [spoiler]If that were true, that would be wonderful! Trigger warning (TW!) for the following (go to the next paragraph if you want to skip it): Seriously, thank you for curing my hair-pulling mental disorder and countless of other sufferers of mental illness and everybody who struggles with mental health. I guess I’ll be able to miraculously no longer love my body which I have struggled for years to, stop being insecure, and start eating properly. (I’m sorry if that’s too personal, but it has to be said. It unfortunately isn’t that easy. It’s a long journey. :heart: :pray:)

It is hard to “just stop,” like “just stop stressing.” Yes, it may be a Friday night after a long school week; I may have no homework, no projects, and no tests coming up; I may be watching my favorite TV show; I may be relaxing on my bed. No worries, right? But thoughts will rush into my head, and as soon as I know, I’m starting to stress again. Did I get everything done in the exact time frame I wanted to? If not, then I’ll have to do it again, but perfectly that time. I’ll start thinking about the mistake I did a month ago. Then I’ll continue to ask myself, did I do anything wrong this week? Did I hurt anybody or say anything rude? Did I forget anything? What about my grades? What about the weekend?

Mental health is a struggle for everyone at some point, and it should NOT be ignored or brushed off. Mental health is very important, just like physical health is. [/spoiler] As a little kid who didn’t know much, I stupidly thought that mental illness should be “easier to cure,” because I thought that if it was in your head, then you should be able to “control it.” But no, that’s not how it works. It’s hard to understand something when you have never experienced it, and in my opinion, you can never fully understand anything you haven’t gone through yourself.

Episode Stereotypes

There are lots of problematic stereotypes (and cliches) on Episode, such as stereotypes about how all criminals are just “misunderstood, sexy, bad boys” who will end up falling for the girl even though all they do is smoke, kill, and mistreat the girl. (Also, why is every guy in the mafia is Italian and in the Italian mafia?!)
At the end of the day, a story is not just a story. It may give a young, impressionable unrealistic and unhealthy thoughts. It might make them think that certain things are okay, when in reality, they are not. Be careful of what you write.

Instead, make it clear that dangerous are dangerous people. Stories should not glamorize criminals, abuse, or toxic relationships. It shouldn’t matter how hot they are! Stay safe. You are your priority. Don’t try to “fix the bad boy” or whatever.

I also dislike the stereotype that all female villains are getting revenge against a male (especially male lovers) or is trying to prove that they’re better than another female out of jealously. Not all women are like that, and that’s not everything that there is to us.

Let women empower other women and show more gender equality.

That’s it.

Thank you for this contest. :heart: It was interesting and pretty fun. I think it will help a lot of people not get bored when they’re in lock down/quarantine. :joy:
Good luck to everyone else entering!

4 Likes

Omg girl, thank you for entering! I read through and everything… and just wow! Everything is so detailed. I love how in depth you went with everything! I agree with the whole thing about the female villains. That one is in a lot of stories! Preachhhh with what you said about the mafia stories. PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THAT.
I took a personality test and I got a protagonist :joy: :joy: really weird, but thank you for sending it, it was interesting to take!
I really adore your personality, it’s really nice and inspiring to know someone like you. :grin:

1 Like

Aw, thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You are really so kind.
I had fun writing it!
And yeah, where’s the Russian mafia? The French mafia? All the other mafias that could exist!!!

And awesome! I’d love to read about that personality type. (I think you can either take a longer version or shorter version of the test, so the longer version is more detailed and in depth.)

1 Like

joining :sparkles:

2 Likes

Of course, everything was well-written!
I know right!! I have only seen one story with the Russian Mafia and it was in Deep Attraction. The rest are just Italian. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Yay!! I’ll add you to the list! xx

2 Likes

wait i kinda don’t get what i have to do to enter :sweat:

1 Like

And for some reason, EVERYONE in the Italian mafia has blue eyes…? Or at east most of them, which is usually the mafia leader and the mafia leader’s best friend or right hand man. Where are the brown eyes and green eyes? Hazel eyes…??? Blue eyes aren’t very common. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I can explain it. (My initial explanation was quite confused)
Basically what I am asking for is a summary with your thoughts and answers to the following questions! Think about yourself. Your personality, the way you present yourself, etc…
Now, think about a stereotype you STRONGLY DESPISE.
Have you ever given into the status-quo? Have you ever let “Stick to the status quo!” get in your head?
Here are some more questions to consider:
In Episode or real life what are the types of stereotypes you dislike? Why?
What would you change about them?

2 Likes

ah okay! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I know right!! more eye color diversity is needed lol

1 Like

I think you should edit your first topic and copy and paste that instead. I think that’s a better explanation. :smile:

1 Like

I hope it isn’t too much. You don’t have to write a lot, but keep in mind, the more you write, the more detailed you will be, which is good! I think this is a really good self-reflection thing, so you might as well spend a little time doing it and effort. lol

2 Likes