Cliffhangers that'll leave you hanging?

What type of Cliffhangers from a story would leave you desperately hanging for more?

Any Genre, Any Style.

1 Like

DUNDUNDUNWILL HE DIE?
WILL HE?
No probably not he and MC will live happily ever after.
_________ I’m kidding ____________
The backstory of a killer
Something is about to happen to the MC (something horrible)

1 Like

If something absolutely unexpected happened: like if someone died with absolutely no hint and you wouldn’t find out until he next episode.

1 Like

This is a great question, and I hope to read many opinions on this topic!

First I want to say that I don’t care for obvious cliffhangers where you know what’s going to happen in the next episode. Or even if you don’t know what will happen, the cliffhanger is just too obvious or overused.

I like cliffhangers that surprise me. When I just have to know what will happen. A great place to put a cliffhanger, in my opinion, would be at the point where the thing your story has been building up for the whole episode or even for the whole story is about to happen. I just can’t put down the story if the thing I’ve been waiting for the whole time is just about to happen. But then you can’t disappoint the reader in the next episode where the thing finally happens. It has to be huge.

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this does not appear to be about story creation. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Well I don’t like the cliffhangers when the mc is about to die, because the mc is most likely not to die so whats the point

3 Likes

@ahmadalfakhuri
@Mia_writes
@Turtle_Cat
@CinnamonToast

Your opinions make me want to do a story based off your examples.

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes