Close this thread

Close this thread.

16 Likes

Well who did you request from before

1 Like

Closed for review

Reopened

:joy::joy::joy:. What do you mean by your own edits? Like giving them makeup or like relining them and stuff?

1 Like

If you need help making your own, there are tutorials on YouTube and Instagram. On YouTube, I’d suggest watching Nightys videos, they’ve helped me a lot. (This is if you mean like, drawing your own) And on Instagram, there’s an account called @epitutorials I think :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah! epitutorials is awesome for starting out with edits!! Also if you look up ibis paint x tutorials they give tutorials that aren’t related to episode but can help when you go to make edits on the characters!

4 Likes

Yeah! Plus, if you look around on Instagram, some editors have tutorials on how they make certain things, like hair, lips, eyes, etc. And if you’re looking for an app, I’d also suggest ibisPaint x.

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

So you think that editors don’t have their requests open because they’re rude and snobby?

16 Likes

Well, some of them can be, (not saying you or really anyone here! Just saying that some can be like that) maybe they haven’t found the right editors? :woman_shrugging: But a lot of editors close their requests because a) they get overwhelmed and b) some people are extremely rude.

12 Likes

Hmm, there may be some but I’m pretty sure the majority either:

1. Are sick of ungrateful people.
  2. Feel that they have no freedom and are being told what to draw/edit.
22 Likes

Yes! I completely agree with that, because a majority of editors get so much disrespect, with all the people stealing their work and being extremely ungrateful, petty, and rude, not giving credit, and sadly, a lot more.

8 Likes

Yes definitely, agreed.

3 Likes

So, just keep that in mind, before calling all editors rude and snobby. I admit, there are the select few, but most close their requests because of the reasons above.

8 Likes

Preach :raised_hands:t2:

And @imaginarywinter if that’s the attitude you have towards editors, I’m not surprised people aren’t jumping at the chance to make you an edit to be quite honest.

18 Likes

I don’t show any attitude towards them mainly because I can’t even be allowed to request in the first place because they only do it for big authors and I can’t commission them either because its not allowed. so i’d rather make my own edits instead of waiting months for a decent cover

1 Like

That’s not true. I’m an editor and I do it for anyone for free

5 Likes

Wow that is actually really not true, editors do not at all only make edits for big authors! I am making art scenes for my friend’s story that is not even published yet, and she is by no means a big author! I make edits for people who motivate me and people who make me feel good about myself. Do you know how long an edit can take? Hours. Sometimes even days! You need to stop grouping editors together and saying they do edits for only big authors to get recognised, because it’s simply not true, people do edits for things they want to do edits for. Smh I think you really need to change your outlook, and if I was one of the editors whose arse you kiss, I wouldn’t make you one either. Smh.

26 Likes

Lmao, also not true, I used to have requests open, I closed them because of ungrateful people and people like you to be honest.

11 Likes