Closed: CelestialMoon's Tutorial Thread

Thank you!

1 Like

This is super helpful! :nerd_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My portrait came out way better than expected. Hope I donā€™t sound rude saying thisā€¦but ummā€¦

Do you mind showing us a digital shading tutorial?
Also what brush do you use in Medibang for the outline?

1 Like

I was using the Standard pen brush in Medibang. I am using currently Clip Studio again. I might do a shading tutorial in the future, but first I need to get comfortable with it since this is new to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Note:

Going to do a tutorial this weekend on how I color lips :llama:

8 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Doing the tutorial RN , might take me half an hour to publish it

2 Likes

Awesome! Canā€™t wait to see :sunglasses:

1 Like

LIPS COLORING TUTORIAL

IMPORANT DISCLAIMER

I am going to post a link where you are going to see a timelapse of me painting the lips.

The lips might look very pale because my Tablet has another RBG settings, which means that my tablet images always look more saturated than the laptop ones.

Video Timelapse:

In this tutorial I want to show you how you can color lips in quickly and efficient.

Step 1 - Base Color
Screenshot_73

Basically you start off with a base color of your choice and fill the lips in.

I like to take rosy colors.

Step 2 - Shadows and Highlights

From this point I start to shade the lips in a round form to give them more depth.
This part is the longest because I switch between Highlight and Shade Color and try to blend it in.
Screenshot_76 Screenshot_75 Screenshot_74
Screenshot_79

Step 3 Lip Lines

Because I donā€™t draw realistic, I just imitate the lip lines veeeery lightly and try to blend them out.

Screenshot_78 Screenshot_77

Step 4 - More Highlights
Screenshot_80

I usually place a peachy tone on the upper and bottom lip. Because the lips are going to be glossy, I donā€™t accentuate the lip lines. This is style preference.

Step 5 - Shine Shine Baby

Screenshot_81
At this point you add shine to the lips, depending on how glossy they are.

You can do individual lines or create a highlight brush. In the future I am going to do a tutorial on how you can make your own custom brushes like these in order to save time.

Matte Lips
Screenshot_87

Matte Lips usually donā€™t have any strong highlights at all. You can overexaggerate here.

Colored Lips

Screenshot_86

The same goes for colored lips too, depending on how matte and glossy they are.

Shine Bright Like a Diamond
Screenshot_89

Or you can make your lips look like glazed donuts.

This is how the lips look without the sketch.

OFC at this point you can then add the outlines.

But Iā€™m lazy as always and did not do the outlines. But I guess outlines are self-explanatory

IMPORTANT STUFF

Thre are many skin colors.

But please do not give dark-skinned people plushy pink bright lips. People can accuse you of being racist. Rather stick with cooler darker tones.

So how do I choose the colors? Screenshot_64

I usually stick with more than 5 shades for each lip.

I normally always move the color wheel when shading. This will give your drawing more contrast rather than using one color in different saturations.

Edit: Okay I still did a quick outline for them :joy:

16 Likes

So since the Share your Art Edits and Drawings section got closed temporarily due to flags, I answer you both here since it is topic related :sweat_smile:

@Ayvery @esturiia Yes I do tutorials :blush: Just keep in mind that Iā€™m actually a noob since I draw digitally since 5 weeks. :cat_typing:

2 Likes

ONLY FIVE WEEKS?!

1 Like

waSSUPP

Since I joined the forums a good month ago. Before I only drew traditionally and that very rarely because I was lazy and had a huge art blockade. :cat_shocked:

1 Like

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/official-art-sharing-and-feedback-thread/33266/595

^

i thought yaā€™ll had to post dere but guess not

1 Like

I guess we should just wait until the admins react. I already pmā€™d Sydney and flagged the posts.

But I appreciate it that you like my tutorials, even though they suck :sweat_smile: I mean I could do voice over tutorials but my accent is terrible , my English teacher would sue me.
(Note: I have English as advanced class, 4 times a week :llama:)

1 Like

anyway this is offtopic but i think you should join this :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to see if I can make it, but thanks for the suggestion :yay:

Thank you :blush:

Eye Coloring in Timelapse

For anyone who is interested, I did a timelapse on how I painted the eyes on the outline of Captain_Vanillas Contest.

I might do an eye tutorial in the future when I feel more confident over my art.

The picture is still in progress btw :cat_typing:

9 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see this one when completed.

1 Like

Update

I am currently doing a fanart for the story called The Dragon Bride and I thought that I maybe share with you how I color my artworks.

I donā€˜t know how I am going to do this, because one piece normally takes me up to 12 hours.

I think I am going to divide the different parts into different tutorials.

This is how it looks already with the base color :yay:

If you want to see more of my art, feel free to visit my Instagram account @celestialmoon.episode

14 Likes