[CLOSED] Doing Read4Reads! (Reviews Also)

Alright! I’ll message you via Instagram.

Of course! I’ve got a few reviews to do but I promise I’ll get back as soon as possible!

Your chapters are so long. :sweat_smile:I’m almost done with episode 3. I’ll PM you the screenshots because I don’t want this thread to be flooded with them.

Story Review for The Essentia Chronicles

I loved what you did with the text overlays in the beginning. The introduction really hooked me into reading more! You stated that this was your first story which is super impressive! I also like how you implemented text effects. It really helped the reader “feel” the characters’ emotions. You also stated that there would be 2 different endings which is great because the reader can “choose” their destiny. :joy:

Directing: Your overlays were amazing! I loved how you changed the opacity to make it seem like it was actually there. The spot directing, pans, zooms, sounds, and animations were used accurately! I also love what you did with the flashbacks and filtering them to make them seem like flashbacks.
Plot: As I said before, I’m a fan of fantasy stories. Your plot was really unique and after reading the first episode, I was sucked in and wanted to read more!
Grammar: As far as I can tell, grammar and spelling was flawless!
Other Suggestions: I was really impressed and I don’t really have many suggestions. I guess even if you’d want your characters to look the way you are, I suggest to still give the reader limited customization just to give them a little personalization.

I’m not quite done with reading your story but I’ll send you screenshots when I am!

Thank you so much! I appreciate you reading and reviewing my story. I’m glad you are enjoying it!
:blush:
Im finishing up a story now and Obessesed is next on my list. I will be reading it tonight and get back to by tmrw the latest but hopefully tonight.

Hey! I would love to do read for read with you!
You can Dm me on Instagram: Melyelaine
Title: The Mystical Realm
Author: Melyelaine
Genre: Fantasy
Episodes:4
Embark on a journey to uncover the mysteries and history of the Mystical Realm. Will you change the fate of the realm and find love? You Decide. Limelight, CC.

1 Like

Alright! I’ll contact you via Instagram.

Hi! I would be totally up for a R4R!

Here is a little review of mine:

Title: The Nation D: Moon Eyes
Author: P Marroquín
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
Style: Limelight
Number of episodes: 5 (ongoing)
Description: Heather is trapped in a place were she can’t go out, but what happens when her best friend and his dead sister offer her a way to get out of there and start a brand new life…! Where’s your new destination? And what dark secrets does it hide? Will you finally find answers to your past?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6435647390351360

1 Like

I’ve got quite a few reviews and Read4Read’s to do. It might take a while but I’m excited to read your story! :blush: Also, would you like a review?

Story Review for Beautiful Broken Lies

Your story intrigued me right from the beginning! I loved the introduction where the Elena seems like she’s telling a past story in the present. It really made me want to read more. I also love how you guys used the Character Point System to keep track of points and choices.

Directing: You guys used animations that clearly portrayed the character’s thoughts and emotions. Spot directing was also great! I also liked how you tinkered with the character zooms for the male characters to make them seem taller. I don’t remember
Plot: Just like I said, I was absorbed into your story in the first few lines! The narration you gave the reader to help understand the characters better was extremely helpful. As for the actual plot, I like how the story sort of shifts from a comedy in the beginning and then slowly into a drama. I also wanted to point out that your story made me feel a lot of emotion. I’m always angry when I see Cassie. :rage:
Grammar: There were not very many grammar or spelling mistakes that I saw in your story. There were only a few sentences that did not have ending punctuation marks which was probably unintentional.
Other Suggestions: I was pretty amazed by your stories so there are only a few suggestions I can give :joy:. One of them being telling the reader that you’re using sounds in your story (I wouldn’t have known there were sound effects if I hadn’t had my volume up). Another suggestion would be to replace a few super fast pans with static zooms. This would make the directing seem more clean and sharp in some places.

I’m not done reading your story and I’ll send you screenshots after I’m done for the R4R!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Here’s how I’m going to do things now:

1. If I get a lot of requests, I’ll get the story review portions done first for the first few chapters. Then, I will go back to the first person to complete the R4R. So, if you noticed that I didn’t read all the chapters you requested, please dont panic!
  2. I’ll send you screenshots to prove I read the chapters we exchanged.
  3. I expect you to be fair and keep your word by reading the chapters we agreed on.
  4. Although I’m doing the reviews and the R4R’s separately, I’ll be doing them in order, meaning that whoever replies first will get it first.
  5. Please be patient :sweat_smile:. Sometimes, I don’t have access to a device so I’m not able to read your stories or post the reviews.

Story Review for Simple to Chaos

The first thing I’d like to say is that I loved how you edited the splashes at the beginning of the episode! Your story was interesting and it did make me want to continue and read more. I love how you let the reader customize the important characters.

Directing: Animations, pans, zooms, and sounds were mostly used correctly. I don’t know if it was a glitch or not, but in Episode 2, the characters are offscreen some of the time and the backgrounds look a bit wonky (maybe you forgot to do @ zoom reset?). I liked how you used the transition fades to mimic flashing lights! There was a bug/glitch/directing error where the MC’s display name was “FIRSTNAME” instead of the input. I’m not sure if it was only my device, but I suggest to reread the code just to make sure :slight_smile: .
Plot: I found the plot of your story very interesting and unique. I always wanted to know what would happen next. The choices in the story seem to matter and change the plot which lets the reader choose their own path.
Grammar: I didn’t see any grammar mistakes so Great Job with that!
Other Suggestions: Like I said before, something weird was going on in Episode 2 where the zoom was really weird and the characters were offscreen. Something else I’d like to suggest might be making the chapters end on a few cliffhangers? (It usually annoys the reader but it keeps them coming back for more :joy:).

1 Like

I would love a review! looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’m sorry which part was that specifically the one with the woman with white hair walks off-screen?

And now it’s my turn brb!

I can’t see your story?

Plus, is my story a story you would favorite or your like… “I’ve got promoting to do :laughing:

The link sent me to a story named “Rose” by JoJo

Hello :slight_smile:
For a guaranteed read for read
Kindly open the link, and fill out the form :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ax2ViQLEUNm7C_2GgG6H9NoLhbCg9PysYWfCwdOznJ0/prefill

Title : Paradise
Author : Maggy
Genre : Fantasy
Style : Limelight
Number of episodes : 8 (more episodes coming soon)
Instagram : maggy.episode
Description : Fidelia is about to become a Goddess, she has to follow the prophecy. Fidelia is strong and independent, fun, and a crazy party girl. Will she accept her faith?
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4807228412788736

1 Like

Wow, this review is amazing! Thank you :laughing: this is our first story so figuring out how to do all the advanced directing has been pretty hard, but a few people have mentioned some things that need fixed, so I will definitely try harder for future episodes! Also, we did mention that you should turn your sound up at the start of each chapter, it was a readers message so you maybe just didn’t notice it :blush:

Anyway, thank you so much again :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Try this one?: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5517774061699072

I really liked your story and I’ve added it to my favorites!