Closing the Role-Playing and Story Games Sub-Forum

Hello Episodians,

During the last year, we’ve taken steps to make the forums a more engaging, friendlier, and more positive place to interact with fellow players about all things Episode. This year we’d like to focus on streamlining our forums and we’ve realized that the Role-Playing and Story Games sub-forum is not in line with our goals and plans for the future.

With this in mind, we’ve decided to permanently close the Role-Playing and Story Games category. We’d like to give you some time to organize, archive or save your content, and you have until the end of this month, on 03/06/2020 at 10 AM PST.

The rest of the forums will remain as they are today. If you are currently active in the RPG groups you will still have access to the rest of the forums. Moving forward, any story or role-playing games posts of threads will be removed. This change will be reflected in our Forums rules and guidelines once they take effect.

If you have questions or concerns about this, please reach out to us at our Support Desk.

With Love,
The Episode Team

37 Likes

Oh okay

7 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated @Melani3 :metal:

3 Likes

I’ve never been interested in rping but I know that this category was huge on the forums, a lot of users will suffer from this :confused:

58 Likes

Agreed, I’ve never RP before because I really get confused on how all of it done but well, good bye RP category.

10 Likes

No offence but that’s probably the worst decision you guys ever made

78 Likes

That’s like
Just taking the forums and ruining them for good
That’s litteraly the best part of the forums
I personally know I’ll probably stop being on the forums if that happens (and many others too)
And it’s also sad because rping is something I found out I really love and its not something popular and easy to find. And the rp community here is amazing.

45 Likes

No!

14 Likes

So many people love rping! It’s what makes us mostly be on episode forums (but other reasons too of course) but rping is part of us. You can’t just take that away!

@Melani3

Everyone here loves rping. It’s part of us. It’s what makes this forums great. Even for me. You know I would have been dead right now if it wasn’t for rping

33 Likes

I want to talk to the people who even thought of this!

8 Likes

why. the roleplay community was els very popular. this is a terrible decision.

27 Likes

Oh nooooooooo. I wanted to start RPing :sob::weary:

13 Likes

I want to talk to the person In charge now!

7 Likes

I personally don’t understand. Many members have been on for years because of role playing And it is the only reason some of them are active or engage in other areas on the forums. The forums will suffer greatly from this as many users won’t just stop role playing but not being in the forums for other reasons in general

56 Likes

I agree.

If you take a closer look, there is a whole RP community here. people make friends during these roleplays and create bonds. these aren’t just games, it’s a form of creating a story together and connecting to people in a way some of us wouldn’t otherwise. Some people who wouldn’t just normally start a conversation get to meet new people in this way.

It may not have been an original plan, but sometimes the things that aren’t planned can turn into something popular.

In a way, since so many people are involved it will make a major impact on the users. you’ll get a different target group and lose quite a big part of your community.

51 Likes

@Melani3 although I understand that this category may not be a part of Episode in general, it is a place where people have made countless friendships, some only come on these forums for RPing. Honestly, you guys are making a decision which will cause you to lose many users of this forum. I hope you guys have thought this through thoroughly.

38 Likes

I never did RP, and I wasn’t really interested in other forum games either but a lot of people like them, so I don’t really understand this decision. You said you wanted to make the forums a friendlier and more positive place, but I don’t see what the harm is with this category. I mean, games are supposed to be fun :woman_shrugging:

45 Likes

I’m really upset with this, so it will likely come off harsher than it should.

This is ridiculous. The Roleplaying & Storygames section is how a lot of us improve our writing! We all try to help each other improve in that section. We learn how to create believable, unique characters, how we learn how to build a world or a relationship between characters. I’ve been active in that section for well over a year and a half and I feel like I’ve learned and grown so much as a writer. And I know there were some of us who would be ready to part way with episode if it wasn’t for that section. There will be a lot of us who leave because you’re taking away our memories, for some of us our outlet for stress relief and escape from the worries of the real world, And for others you’re taking away their voice. Our rps are how we write. Not everyone can write a story for your app, and even if they could many would not be the quality that others would want to read because of either writing or directing. In an rp, we can all see how someone writes and can help them improve while having fun developing a story.

I feel like it would make more sense to remove the forum games than the RPs and SGs, because these at least are part of writing.

This is another decision in a string of choices myself and many others disagree with. I think this one impacts more than you realize. The staff of Episode and especially the forum staff has mistreated the users here in too many ways to list, some ways small, in other ways large or drawn out.

What happened to the Episode I loved. I loved episode when I first joined and it was a brand new app, even until the early reach out of INK. But shortly after then, I noticed a downhill trend in story quality, not even because I still prefer Classic. Now the more I read here on the forums and about the stories, especially Episode featured stories, I see a steeper and steeper decline. Episode is no longer what I fell in love with in the first place. And now, with this decision to completely remove a beloved section of the forums, and other users that I have grown closer to and the way I’ve seen others have been treated, I don’t even understand what happened anymore.

Congrats, you’ve just lost what was left of the respect I had for Episode.

66 Likes

I agree with everyone in that I don’t really see the point of this.

I do wonder if it had anything to do with people creating “dare” games to make useless threads and the like though.

Some more info would be nice though. :grimacing::woman_shrugging:t2:

20 Likes

Never knew that there were more ways to make the forums more dead than it has already become. Sad.

48 Likes