CLOTHING: African clothes (NOT A PLACE FOR DISCUSSIONS ON RACE: Support positively or don't comment)

If you agree like the post and comment so it can get attention from episode. Some people mentioned other cultures, so click ->[HERE] <- for a link to that post. Please support this post and that one as well :slight_smile:

After reading the feature story Instant Princess by LB & watching Black Panther, I realized Episode needs a little African/Wakandan magic in their wardrobe section. Please make African clothes for male and females and share the ones in Instant princess, as well! Please research traditional and modern Ankara, Igbo and other African fashion. Thank you in advance :slight_smile: Below are some inspiration for ya’ll:

8ca918e4bd79b560a6557726d81a5a999c9329924c48808ef7e076e43469dde0

From a West African app user and writer

113 Likes

I totally agree with this. It will totally express African Culture and give our lifestyle some recognition.

13 Likes

The female dresses also look very gorgeous!

7 Likes

Yes yes yes yes!!!

Also Dashikis:

And these!:

18 Likes

:clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:Yaass loving the outfit pictures :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Yas represent :facepunch:t5::muscle:t5:

17 Likes

Support! I think this is a great idea.

7 Likes

I truly support this! I think I saw one head scarf in INK but that was about it.

7 Likes

Definitely support!

6 Likes

Wow yes please! It would expand the diversityin episode, plus these are gorgeous as heck :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

African Clothing are AMAZING! We really need this.
As African I totally support this.
Here is more…

10 Likes

Personally, as a West African, I do not see a problem with non-diverse people wearing clothes from my culture, since Africans come in different shades ranging from very pale to very dark. As long as they are not using the clothes to make fun of Africans and our culture in general, I believe it should be ok. If the characters wear it because it’s beautiful and mention it’s roots their should not be a problem. My mother designs and sews Afrocentric/afro-western clothes for a living and her customers range from caucasians (White) to Africans. Her non-diverse customers don’t come in to misappropriate the clothes she sells. They buy it because they genuinely and honestly find it beautiful. I believe some, not all, authors who dress their characters in clothes of other cultures don’t do it to misappropriate the culture, but simply because they find the outfit beautiful, which in my opinion is a compliment to the culture, but that’s how I feel personally, nonetheless thanks for supporting my post :slight_smile:

23 Likes

i mean yeah… definitely agree on this one

6 Likes

Yes! I am loving the outfits here! They are killer! If some of these outfits were in stories, I’d pay diamonds for some of them! Love it! :raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

6 Likes

Umm what

1 Like

Preach!!

1 Like

I support this

2 Likes

What’s wrong with people who aren’t African wearing African clothes? I get cultural appreciation but it does seem very ignorant and hypocritical.

1 Like

Not only just dashikis and ankara, other garments from other reigons of Africa also, we NEED other traditional clothes too!

4 Likes

Please post pictures of other clothes from other African countries. I’m from west Africa so I posted west African attires. If you have images of clothes from other African countries please post them on here so episode can see it one day when they’re ready to heed this suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes