CLOTHING: Asian style for Ink & Limelight (Qipao, kimono, yukata, hanfu)

I’m writing on this thread because we need more asian cultural asset we NEED THEM SO BADLY

1 Like

Lift up

Support

1 Like

bump! I 100% support this, dying to write an ancient Asian-themed story!

1 Like

I definitely agree that Episode should havemore diverse/culture-specific clothing. However, if your story is set specifically in Japan, then you should have clothing actually culturally relevant to that country. Saying you want more “Asian” clothing when the story is set in one specific East Asian country comes off a little like homogenizing a bunch of different (specifically, in this case, since I’m assuming that’s what you’re referring to) East Asian cultures.

1 Like

I am referring to all of Asia from Japan to Pakistan, Mongolia to Philippines, places America doesn’t hear much about like Oman etc. Basically, as much of the continent because Episode is such an expanded platform worldwide that I’m sure many people would want to see themselves here. I do have specific settings for my stories, my Butler story was going to be set in Japan and later Brazil, Brazil not being Asian. :joy: However, I didn’t just want to consider that group of people. I simply consider as many people as I can, even though I show only small amounts of images as examples and give reason why I have the post. Plus, someone had already requested attire such as the hanfu, saris, and other outfits so I can’t request certain things if they’ve already been posted or else this post gets taken down. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me know your thoughts. :smile:

Support!! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying! I agree, Episode could definitely add more culture-specific clothing outside a western/european/north american lens. Here’s to hoping they’ll add more in the future!

1 Like

Your welcome!

PLEASE! I need Asian clothing so badly.

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support!

2 Likes