CLOTHING: Fantasy Medieval Dresses

It would be great to have an update dedicated to fantasy/medieval clothing. We are seriouslyyy lacking and it’s actually quite surprising we keep getting random (and IMO, ugly) weird modern patterned skirts and tops every update. It feels lazy, it would be nice to just have it themed to medieval/historic eras. It would be particularly cool to see game of thrones/house of dragon inspired clothing as it has a fantasy twist on medieval clothing. Even green and red and purple recolours of the noveau dresses would be cool.

13 Likes

Ohh yes support :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Support!

Huge support!

Support!!

Definitely support!!

Support!
Also, male clothing is even more lacking :sob:

2 Likes

What I want is historically accurate (or at least semi-accurate) clothing. All but two of the “medieval” (and by “medieval” I mean fairytale European that someone probably pulled out of their but) gowns have large slits in the sides and nothing to go under them. In the 1700s, (which is ~300 years AFTER the Middle Ages) simply showing ankles was scandalous (in the West).

These dresses are supposed to be for ladies of high society, and yet they don’t even follow 1700s ideas of modesty for the average woman, let alone 1400s ideas of modesty for ladies of the court. Dresses with long leg-exposing slits? A modern invention that has no place in something meant to look like it was created before the late 20th century. If you’re going to give us “historic” clothing, do it right. Go to history books, not fairytale books, and, please, don’t go to a 21st century prom dress store.

1 Like

yes me support this too :laughing:

Support!

Yeah totally agree I’d love to see accurate historic clothing too but these ones are inspired by the fantasy series Song of Ice and Fire (game of thrones). We need both - themed things. Episode is seriouslyyyy lacking in themed updates like we don’t want more neon and denim that no one realistically wears - we need pirate attire, medieval transitional clothing, viking clothing, different cultural wears. Writing feels so restrictive atm…

2 Likes