CLOTHING: LGBT Clothing

there are different people, some who don’t like expressing their sexuality to the public like that, and some that do. as episode wants to be more diverse and open to different people’s opinions, they should make LGBT clothing. if you want your character to be less open about it on the daily, that’s your choice, however, there are some people who want to express their sexuality in clothing.

also, many people in this thread are misunderstanding what the point is. the person who posted this thread clearly said, “bi ftw”, “love is love”, etc”. cute quotes like love is love on clothing. you guys are taking this out of context as you said, “IMma SUPPER str8”. that has nothing to do with what the person was suggesting. i don’t know why you guys are trying to make the people who support this thread looking like we’re trying to show off our sexuality. we suggested quotes.

6 Likes

you exampled “im gay” or “im straight” to prove your point. i’m going to leave what i had said to someone before here:

also, many people in this thread are misunderstanding what the point is. the person who posted this thread clearly said, “bi ftw”, “love is love”, etc”. cute quotes like love is love on clothing. you guys are taking this out of context as you said, “im straight” shirts. that has nothing to do with what the person was suggesting. i don’t know why you guys are trying to make the people who support this thread looking like we’re trying to show off our sexuality. we suggested quotes.

3 Likes

Well, we’re not trying to undermine this thread or trying to prove a point or whatever, we’re just stating, that from an outsider’s perspective, that this is what you’re basically saying. I’m not trying to be mean here, nor am I forcing my opinions, but you seriously do NOT need these types of things. Because, in the end, you are forcing your characters to wear stuff that is probably not relevant to the story. And EPISODE doesn’t have to, because people don’t usually wear those types of things. There’s obviously the occasional person that you see wearing a ‘love is love’ t-shirt, or ‘love is for everyone’ but that’s it. I myself have NEVER seen someone wearing a shirt like that in public, because, like I said, they usually don’t. And like @Chida said, even she, a homosexual, does NOT wear these types of clothing. And when I was involved with LGBT and when I thought I was pansexual, I NEVER wore those types of things. Why? Because people don’t wear them.

Think of it this way, though you’re probably going to say that it has nothing to do with the topic:
I’m straight. I am a female. I am also Australian. And even though I love Australia, I don’t wear an “Australia is the best country” shirt(only tourists do that), or an “Females are the best!” shirt or even a “Straights are the best” shirt. Why? Because I just find that to be quite provocative. Someone’s going to have different opinions from me, and women who wear shirts that say that women are better than men have something wrong with them. (cough cough feminists.) Some people don’t believe in the love between homosexuals or that they don’t approve. And it’s fine. Why?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
And like I said SOOO many times. If you have a gay character that wears all the colours of the rainbow, and has a stupid cliche attitude that I absolutely abhor, I’m not going to continue reading. You can make one, but it’s not going to get good attention. EPISODE knows that it can portray LGBT characters not through clothing alone, so it doesn’t need to. And even if you just want a t-shirt that says ‘love is love’, who else besides you is going to wear it? It does NOT make a good character, actually, I find those types of characters that wear their own opinions on their clothing or anyone for that matter, disruptive and annoying. I don’t need to read something on your shirt to know that you approve of homosexuality. Tell me! And if you don’t approve, then fine! Tell me!
I, as a reader and fellow writer on EPISODE, would like to read and experience fellow artists and writers’ thoughts and opinions through their stories and actions that the characters make, and what’s their take on all of what’s happening, but NOT in this way.
So no, I’m not supporting this thread’s ideas if it wants to make an easy way out for all the lazy writers out there that refuse to write their characters properly, and instead slap a big ol’ slogan on their shirts to prove a point.

EPISODE, please don’t make these things,
Now my question to you @stronglcve , would you, not hypothetically, wear stuff like this in public?
Cheers,
R.
(P.S. Like I said, not trying to be mean nor start a heated debate, I’m just trying to stick up for those who don’t want this stuff in EPISODE.)

9 Likes

Youve explained this exactly the way i had it in my mind, just didnt know how to explain :clap:

lol, you can count on me XD

1 Like

yep! It’s " resapect " with a batman as the profile picture, you’ll know as soon as you see it lol

1 Like

Lol, i’ll follow u right away😉

hello and thank you for the quite long response! i read a few of it and yeah, everyone has their own opinions. this is not an argument, but just a confusion to the fact that you had taken quotes out of context, and said “IMma SUPPER str8” is like “love is love” quotes.
you said multiple multiple times that nobody wears these types of clothing, and had said multiple times that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so im wondering, why are you saying that we don’t need these type of clothing? wanting these types of clothing is an opinion, and you’re saying that we don’t need it, which is going against someone else’s opinion. that’s hypocritical, saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, then going against someone’s opinion.

2 Likes

I’m not saying that to completely go against someone’s opinion, because this thread was just a suggestion to EPISODE. I’m just stating my opinion that it’s not needed. EPISODE is a place where everyone can be as diverse and opinionated as they want, like I said, they just aren’t needed. And the reason why I am constantly repeating myself, is because the fact and what I am saying, isn’t getting across to you, what I think, at all. And please read all of what I said before retaliating to the first thing you see in my statement which you find that you can disagree with. And like I keep saying, to be honest I’m getting tired of saying this as well, it’s just plain lazy. If you can properly write a character that believes in the idea that anyone can achieve love between anyone and anything, you don’t need this. I’m not saying that anyone who wants this doesn’t know how to write a character properly, I’m just saying, that those with experience in handling these matters and those who HAVE dealt with these matters, if you ask any of them, they will say “This is not needed, and most likely a waste of time.” And the reason why EPISODE hasn’t made them already, is because they expect us to write these characters OURSELVES. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. Even though it’s what humans love to do. You can’t just label someone as gay or straight, and make them wear a shirt soliciting that they have labels. Even if those labels are as simple as “I accept homosexuality”. Everything and anything can be labeled by humans.

We don’t need anymore labels, especially in a place where labels don’t exist.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like

Im not a big fan of these types of clothing in general, each to their own right? :slight_smile: They arent needed to give gay people a voice or to show how accepting the world is, when in reality lgbtq people to this day still get murdered and beaten up for loving someone of the same gender or for dressing like the opposite gender.

1 Like

I think people just get beaten up and murdered in general Chida XD

R.

1 Like

Uh, well I think there is a large difference between normal killings and hate crimes. But maybe that’s just me.

9 Likes

But nowadays, it’s EXTREMELY rare that people die from hate crimes. Maybe if you pull up a survey from about 30-40 years ago it would be significantly higher, but because of this newer generation’s teachings and the way they’ve been taught to understand and be accepting, there’s little to none racial/‘homophobic’ slurs. Of course, the LGBTQ+ community is still fairly recent, so it will take a little longer to be completly accepted, but it’s still accepted in 1st world countries such as America, Australia, Europe and so on and so forth.

Cheers,
R.

You didn’t have to write "those who HAVE dealt with these matters, if you ask any of them, they will say “This is not needed, and most likely a waste of time.” though. there are actually people who do enjoy wearing LGBT+ quotes to school or to coffee or something, so please dont speak for everyone in the community. other than that your point is valid and i agree :ribbon:

1 Like

I think you have me confused, I am talking about writers and/or artists that are experienced in dealing with LGTBQ+ topics and, I suspect, the majority of people. And I am not speaking for everyone, I am just merely stating the facts.

I’m glad that you agree with me.
Cheers,
R.

okay! :dizzy: just thinking of those who have different opinions. i feel the fact that you need to say that it’s not needed is a little insolent/impulsive(ish? theres no word for it). this thread is a person asking for a cute feature and i feel like you didn’t really have to come onto a thread of people who think episode should add this and just say otherwise. the thread wasn’t really asking for opinions of people who don’t really agree with the idea, but if it did your point is 10/10, and i agree.

Well, when you make a thread you’re basically signing a contract that people are going to debate, whether you know it or not lol.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like

Anyway, I’m totally down for some new T-shirts, but not for the reason if people are going to use them to be lazy. That’s all I was trying to say.

Cheers,
R.

Sorry hun, but lgbtq hate crimes are still very much alive. The rates might have been higher in the past but not too long ago here in the Netherlands a gay boy was beaten up with a pipe. In Africa theres a country (i dont remember which one) where they rape lesbian women to turn them straight again and in sharia countries homosexuals are sent to prison when found out or worse

3 Likes

I’m not saying that they don’t happen, I’m just saying that they don’t happen as much. Everyone gets targeted, no matter their ethnicity, sexuality or gender. Heck, I remember being targeted for rape when I was younger as well, and I’m straight.

Cheers,
R.

1 Like