CLOTHING: Prothetics - Disabilities

CLOTHING: Prosthetics. Make a regular pant or shirt, but recolor one of the sleeves or…leg sleeves?..to look like a prosthetic limb. Maybe add a glove or a shoe to complete the illusion.

In the push for diversity, I feel like people with disabilities or otherwise just unhealthy bodies have kind of been overlooked. Letting stories represent people with disabilities is long overdue, honestly. Especially since the current contest has an image of a superhero in a wheelchair, but creating that kind of character just isn’t an option.

(You’ll be seeing a lot of these threads, as I have a list of suggestions. Please like each of them so we’re more likely to get this representation!)

138 Likes

Please check out my other suggestions for adding disabilities:

Wheelchair
Oxygen Tank
Nasal Cannula
Trach
Hearing Aid
Cane

5 Likes

bump ~

1 Like

bumpbumpbumpbump

1 Like

~bump~

1 Like

Agree! :black_heart::facepunch:
I would love to write a story where the MC lost an arm and then gets a prosthetic.
Sadly, it’s not possible yet, but someday, it will be : )
Support all the way! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

mini (mega?) bump

1 Like

Bump : )

I really, really, really wanted to write a story where the MC loses an arm and gets a prosthetic, but I can’t. I mean I can try using overlays, but I’m too lazy to do that : /

Anyways, it’ll probably go on Wattpad instead…

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support so hard

1 Like

Bump :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

150% agree please!

1 Like

support

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like

mini Bump~

1 Like

Bump :wink:

1 Like

This is me, sneaking in to bump this almost a year later.

2 Likes

bompity bomp

2 Likes

I approve of this!! Especially when the author explains that this character has a disability so the reader can understand.

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes