Code Skipping Action Lines

RAIN (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
Why are you on the ground?

@pause for 5 then MIKE starts standup_neutral

@RAIN starts idle_armscrossed_angry_loop
@MIKE spot 1.280 226 63 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND MIKE faces left

MIKE (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
Why are you here?

It skips over the animations so Mike looks like he teleported to a standing position. I tried to give enough pause for the action, reset the portal and tried on mobile too.

1 Like

That didn’t change anything :smiling_face_with_tear:

Try replacing the ‘then’ with ‘and’. The ‘then’ is making the standing action happen after the pause and since there is another animation happening so close after it, the code is ignoring it and going straight to the dialogue

2 Likes

Try is instead of starts.

That pause seems to be too long, imo (and from readers’ pov), you can easily shorten it to the 2-3 sec, especially if you want to have mike’s action after the pause.

RAIN (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
Why are you on the ground?

@pause for 3 then MIKE is standup_neutral
(or to make sure that it won’t glitch you can use instead:
@pause for 3 then MIKE is standup_neutral then pause for 0.1)

&RAIN is idle_armscrossed_angry_loop and MIKE spot 1.280 226 63 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND MIKE faces left
MIKE (talk_armscrossed_angry_loop)
Why are you here?

2 Likes

Oh that was really helpful, thank you for the explanation!

1 Like

Thank you for the help! I made the pause especially long because someone here said the action may not have enough time to work, so I wanted to make sure that wasn’t the problem. But you’re right it only needs around 2s :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.