Coding Error: Help!

Hey! Short story short, I’m a new writer on Episode, feeding off of YouTube videos and templates to get by difficult coding.
At one point in my script I kept getting this error, and I’ve tried multiple things to fix it but nothing seems to be working. If anyone could help me look into this issue that would be great. Thanks!

EPISODE_EDITING_ERROR

1 Like

choice (gender)
“Male”{
gotomalecustomize
gain chose_male
}“Female”{
goto femalecutomize
gain chose_female
}

Can you please try this?

Yup, I tried but it still comes up as an error.:persevere:

EPISODE_EDITING_ERROR_2

I think I can help, just wait until I see the script of the last chapter I wrote, I did something similar to this

Okay, thanks for your help!

In my script, near the choice thing where you write something for the choice to be remembered, I have written it on capital letters. Idk though if it’s going to work with you, I use INK.Here, try this:

choice (GENDER)
“Male”{
gotomalecustomize
gain chose_male
}“Female”{
goto femalecutomize
gain chose_female
}

Still not working… sorry!:weary:

EPISODE_EDITING_ERROR_3

I don’t really know why it’s not working! I can send you a piece of my script if you want!

Me neither, it’s really weird. Part of me believes making the flag (gain chose…) is what is making it mess up, but I checked everything and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. But thank you so much for trying! And I’d love to see your script, that might be really helpful.

NARRATOR
Choose a pink outfit:

choice (PINKOUTFIT)
“Dress” {
@CHARACTER is dustoff_loop
@CHARACTER changes into female_pinkdress
} “Jeans” {
@CHARACTER changes into female_pinkjeans
} “Skirt” {
@CHARACTER changes into female_pinkskirt
}

I tried formatting it just like yours, but it’s still a lost cause,:confounded: Thank you so much for your help though!

choice (GENDER)
“Male”{
gain chose_male
goto malecustomize
}“Female”{
gain chose_female
goto femalecutomize
}

The gotos, I believe, always have to be the last thing inside of a choice if you decide to use them : )

1 Like

OH MY GOD it worked! Thank you thank you! You’re a miracle worker!:hugs:

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since it involves scripting. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink: