Coding help (paparazzi scene) needed

&LIANA walks to spot 0.074 143 332 in zone 1 in 4 AND LIANA does it while run_neutral
@LIANA moves to layer 4
&GENEVIEVE walks to spot 0.074 132 330 in zone 1 in 4 AND GENEVIEVE does it while run_athletic
@GENEVIEVE moves to layer 4
&PAP1 walks to spot 0.074 138 333 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAP1 does it while run_athletic
@PAP1 moves to layer 5
&PAPF1 walks to spot 0.074 133 339 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAPF1 does it while run_casual
@PAPF1 moves to layer 2
@pause for 1

&LIANA faces right THEN LIANA is paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@GENEVIEVE faces left THEN GENEVIEVE is talk_rear
@PAP1 faces right THEN PAP1 is paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@PAPF1 faces right THEN PAPF1 is paparazzi_take_photo

its a paparazzi scene, but when I preview it, they run forward but then they stand there and go into idle

Is your story in Limelight or INK?

If it’s in LL, those photo taking animations don’t exist.

1 Like

nope, its in ink

Hmm, try using starts instead of is?

So,

&LIANA faces right THEN LIANA starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@GENEVIEVE faces left THEN GENEVIEVE starts talk_rear
@PAP1 faces right THEN PAP1 starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@PAPF1 faces right THEN PAPF1 starts paparazzi_take_photo

Or maybe use and:

&LIANA faces right and LIANA is paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@GENEVIEVE faces left and GENEVIEVE is talk_rear
@PAP1 faces right and PAP1 is paparazzi_take_photo_rear
@PAPF1 faces right and PAPF1 is paparazzi_take_photo

By the way, do you mean for both PAP1 and LIANA to start taking photos at the same time?

1 Like

Actually they’re all supposed to take photos at the same time but i tried that too

So you’ve tried using ‘and’ and ‘starts’ too?

Nothing’s worked yet? :thinking:

1 Like

yep

Hmm, I’m away from my laptop atm, I’ll probably be able to assess the script better when I can see it in action.

I’ll try your script out later when I have access to it.

See if I could figure this out. :wink:

1 Like

thank you so much!

Okay so, I tried the script.
Have you tried previewing it on your phone?
I think it could have something to do with the web previewer.
When I previewed the script, I encountered the same problem you did, but when I clicked the button which brings me back a line, LIANA started doing her animation, which leads me to believe this might not be the script’s problem. :joy:

Not to mention I didn’t spot any script errors.

1 Like

hmm i’ll try again!

I previewed it on my phone, and it still didn’t work properly. :joy: :sweat_smile:

This does though:

&LIANA walks to spot 0.074 143 332 in zone 1 in 4 AND LIANA does it while run_neutral then pause for 1 then LIANA starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear and LIANA faces right
&LIANA moves to layer 4
&GENEVIEVE walks to spot 0.074 132 330 in zone 1 in 4 AND GENEVIEVE does it while run_athletic then pause for 1 then GENEVIEVE starts talk_rear and GENEVIEVE faces left
&GENEVIEVE moves to layer 4
&PAP1 walks to spot 0.074 138 333 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAP1 does it while run_athletic then pause for 1 then PAP1 starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear and PAP1 faces right
&PAP1 moves to layer 5
&PAPF1 moves to layer 2
@PAPF1 walks to spot 0.074 133 339 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAPF1 does it while run_casual then pause for 1 then PAPF1 starts paparazzi_take_photo and PAPF1 faces right
@pause for .5

But during the one second pause, every character would be doing the animation idle, and I’m not sure that’s what you want?

1 Like

actually, no i don’t want them in idle :disappointed:

If you’re okay with forgoing the one second pause, use this:

&LIANA walks to spot 0.074 143 332 in zone 1 in 4 AND LIANA does it while run_neutral then LIANA starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear and LIANA faces right
&LIANA moves to layer 4
&GENEVIEVE walks to spot 0.074 132 330 in zone 1 in 4 AND GENEVIEVE does it while run_athletic then GENEVIEVE starts talk_rear and GENEVIEVE faces left
&GENEVIEVE moves to layer 4
&PAP1 walks to spot 0.074 138 333 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAP1 does it while run_athletic then PAP1 starts paparazzi_take_photo_rear and PAP1 faces right
&PAP1 moves to layer 5
&PAPF1 moves to layer 2
@PAPF1 walks to spot 0.074 133 339 in zone 1 in 4 AND PAPF1 does it while run_casual then PAPF1 starts paparazzi_take_photo and PAPF1 faces right
@pause for .5
1 Like

i’ll try it out, thanks!

it works! thank you SO SO MUCH!! :heart:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Glad to help!!

By the way, since this problem’s solved, you can perhaps check off the solution box and close the topic?

1 Like

yep i’m doing it now :smiley:

@Sydney_H you can close this now!

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: