Coding Help, Please?

Hii, I really need help with this code real quick!

Basically, when he walks over to her he faces away for a second and walks too far than where I originally put him. It’s hard to explain, but I can’t figure out how to fix it.

I’d like to be able to just copy and paste, so please use the same spot directing’s.

Error:

@JACOB walks to spot 1.316 274 18 in zone 2 and JACOB faces left and JACOB is walk_neutral_rear and JACOB is holdwaist_give_all_rear

@MERRYLYN is deepbreath

@pause for 1

@speechbubble is 124 296 to 92% with tail_top_left

JACOB (holdwaist_give_idle_rear)
I’m sorry for the little fight we had, it won’t happen again.

@pause for 1000

Also, here’s a picture!

Thank you!! :sparkling_heart:

Bumpp

This command is wrong, you can’t give him two different animations to do at the same time
I suggest you change it to something like this

@JACOB walks to spot 1.316 274 18 in zone 2 and JACOB faces left and JACOB does it while walk_neutral_rear then JACOB is holdwaist_give_all_rear

2 Likes

He doesn’t face a different way anymore, but he still walks too far. He’ll walk beyond where I spot placed him, and then he’ll just teleport to where he’s supposed to be. I’m not sure why it does this.

Like this maybe?

@JACOB walks to spot 1.316 274 18 in zone 2 in 2 and JACOB faces left and JACOB does it while walk_neutral_rear then JACOB is holdwaist_give_all_rear

1 Like

Still doesn’t work. I wonder what I did wrong, this has never happened before. :slightly_frowning_face: :joy:

What exactly do you want him to do?

1 Like

Well, I want him to do this:

And, he does do it. But, when he walks to her, he goes too far. I spot directed him correctly, but he’ll go beyond where I put him at first. When he finally starts to hug her, he starts to go where I spot placed him.

If your spot directing is correct, then it might be just a glitch so make sure to check it out on your phone.
Also, if you have already cut to zone 2, then I would just delete the “in zone 2” cause it’s just redundant :blush:

1 Like

Okay, I’ll check it on my phone.

1 Like

Nope, it still sadly does it. I have no idea whyy.

1 Like

Hm, that’s weird. Idk what you have before that and after that in your script but I would double check the zooms, spot placement and zones :confused:

1 Like

I just don’t see anything wrong. How I did the scene was when she got home from a coffee shop he was at the door waiting for her. After their conversation, I just had him walk over to her (in the same zone) and he just did that (walked too far from where I place him).

I’ve never seen anything like it, and I just have no idea how to fix it.

1 Like

There can only be two possible reasons for it

1. a glitch
  2. wrong placement

Have you copy and pasted the spot placement into the script? Maybe delete it and try it again with moving the character around in the previewer

1 Like

I’ll try to delete and redo it again, maybe it’ll fix it.

Thank you, I’ll get back to you if I can get it fixed! :two_hearts:

1 Like

sure :white_heart:

1 Like

Fixed it! It did have something to do with the spot directing, it was really weird.

1 Like

Okay, good, I’m glad it worked out

1 Like