Coding help Pls ASAP

So I need helping coding a choice. So I would like the chose have 3 options but only allowed to pick 2 of them if that makes sense.

ex: 3 options of who to go on a date with but only allowed to choose 2 people to go on a date with

Your best bet would be using labels to go to different choice options to “pick” the characters. I’ve wrote up a slight example for part of it because writing out the entire thing would take too long. If you need more help just ask but this should hopefully get you started! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Dialogue here.

choice
“Person 1”{
goto Person_1
}
“Person 2” {
goto Person_2
}
“Person 3” {
goto Person_3
}

label Person_1

NARR
Who else would you like to take?

choice
“Person 2” {
goto Date_Person_1_and_2
}
“Person 3” {
goto Date_Person_1_and_3
}

label Date_Person_1_and_2

NARR
Congratulations you’ve chosen to take Person 1 and Person 2 on your date!

1 Like

Thank you so much and I get it now and you are right it will take awhile to code the whole thing lol but thank you again jst for explaining and doing the example

1 Like

Of course! Choice branching can be daunting so I’m glad I could help! :two_hearts:

1 Like

i need help coding my story because this is my first time and i just wanna be good at writing stories and knowing how to do them so does anyone know how i can do that instead of watching joseph evans

1 Like

Practice and also just reaching out on forums can be beneficial also if you are not looking into doing coding look for a partner instead.

Well, the shortest amount of code to pick 2 out of 3, using gains, would be the following code:

YOU
I want to choose 2 of the 3 participents to move onto the next round.

@COUNT =0
label start_selection
YOU
Who should I choose?
choice
"Dale" if (NOT choose_dale){
@COUNT +1
gain choose_dale
if (COUNT=2){
goto choose_end
}else{
goto start_selection
}}"Alan" if (NOT choose_alan){
@COUNT +1
gain choose_alan
if (COUNT=2){
goto choose_end
}else{
goto start_selection
}}"Paddy" if (NOT choose_paddy){
@COUNT +1
gain choose_paddy
if (COUNT=2){
goto choose_end
}else{
goto start_selection
}}

label choose_end
if (choose_dale){
if(choose_alan){
YOU
You chose Dale and Alan... super!
}else{
YOU
You chose Dale and Paddy... this is gonna end in tears.
}}else{
YOU
You chose Alan and Paddy... an interesting choice.
}

thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.