Coding help: Sexuality choice

How do you do coding so the reader can be straight or homosexual or bisexual? And how do you make that choice carry on in other episodes?

3 Likes

Give the reader the choice to decide whether the MC is straight, homosexual or bisexual. Then, add gains according to these choice

1 Like

Okay well can you write the exact coding for the reader to choose their sexuality?

Or would be like this

NARRATOR
So what sexuality are you?
choice
“Straight”{
NARRATOR
You will have the choice to date only males.
Onto the story.

}
“Bisexual”{
NARRATOR
That means you will the chance to date male and female.
Onto the story
}
“Homosexual”{
NARRATOR
You will have the choice of only the same sex as you.
Onto the story
}

Add gains (so that the choice is remembered), but yea

1 Like

How do you add gains?
Just copying what I put and add where gains are needed please?

NARRATOR
So what sexuality are you?
choice
“Straight”{
NARRATOR
You will have the choice to date only males.
Onto the story.
gain straight
}
“Bisexual”{
NARRATOR
That means you will the chance to date male and female.
Onto the story
gain bisexual
}
“Homosexual”{
NARRATOR
You will have the choice of only the same sex as you.
Onto the story
gain homosexual
}

1 Like

You should also check out this very helpful forum!!
https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/tara-explains-ifs-elses-gains-labels-gotos-and-the-points-system/657

1 Like

Okay thanks :slight_smile: Will you be help me write my story so coding for reader to be the sexuality they choose and if they are bi get the choice of two or straight or gay one choice? If that makes sense

I can help :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks, I message you :slight_smile:

Okay

1 Like

Hi. I kinda have the same problem. I want my readers to choose in the very first chapter if they’re into boys or girls and depending on that choice the detective will be a girl or boy (because he/she will be the love interest). But if I write that with just a normal choice, then I’ll have to end the choice in the end of the episode - but I want it through the whole story. Does anyone get what I mean? Can someone help me please? It’s also possible to explain it on my IG: celstories // Thank you in advance

2 Likes

You have to create two versions of the same script, one where the love interest is a girl and one where the love interest is a boy. Quick example:

NARRATOR
Are you interested in dating boys or girls?
choice
”Boys” {
gain date_boys
goto boy_story
} ”Girls” {
gain date_girls
goto girl_story
}

label boy_story
#insert script for when the reader is interested in boys
goto end_story

label girl_story
#insert script for when the reader is interested in girls
goto end_story

label end_story
NARRATOR
To be continued…

IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER THE END_STORY LABEL. In case you forget this the reader will have to read both the female and the male script, which we don’t want. For the following episodes put this in the beginning:

if (date_boys) {
goto boy_story
}
else {
goto girl_story
}

And then just do the same with the labels in each episode. Hope this makes sense, good luck with your story! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Oh my god! Thank you so much!!! Words can’t express how grateful I am. I have no clue how to message someone on here. In case you have an IG account please text me: celstories
I’d be grateful to ask you some further questions.

2 Likes

I’m glad you found my advice helpful! I’ll send a message to you here :wink:

1 Like