Coding lessons/guide. **the basics**

This lesson, I’ll cover the basics of coding. I’ve been coding for a while now, however I’ve not published a story and I do not plan to.

Entering:

For your characters to enter from screen, you’ll have to use the commands:
@CHARACTER enters from (left/right) to screen (right/center/left)

Exiting:

For your characters to exit it’s a simple:
@CHARACTER exits (right/left)

Standing:

For your characters to already be there, without having to enter/exit them:
@CHARACTER stands screen (left/center/right) in zone (1/2/3)

Spot directing:

Spot directing gives a cleaner and professional look to your story, instead of using the entering an exiting and stand commands, you can place them where you want. To this you are going to need to preview your story, either by the episode web portal, or by your phone/tablet.

1. If you want your character to be off screen and walk to a certain place in a zone, you have to place them off screen. In this example, CHAR is going to walk into zone 1, so you place CHAR off screen (so you don’t see CHAR) in zone 1:
    @CHAR spot 1.055 186 145 in zone (1,2,3)
    Then after that, you’ll have to place them into a spot placement (on screen) , where they’ll walk to, for example:
    @CHAR walks to spot 0.812 151 202 in zone (1,2,3) in (amount of seconds)
    REMEMBER, IN SPOT DIRECTING, YOU ALWAYS USE SPOT AND NOT STANDS, AND YOU ALWAYS NEED TO SPECIFY YOUR ZONE, OR THE DEFAULT ZONE WILL BE 1
Layering:

The use of layering is very useful, it means you’re in control to where you CHAR/OVERLAY will be. The higher the layer, means the more front your CHAR/OVERLAY will be, the lower the layer means the back it’ll be.

1. @CHAR 1 moves to layer 1
  2. @CHAR 2 moves to layer 2
    CHAR2 will be on the front of CHAR1
Facing Characters:

Your char can be facing, left or right, to this simply:
@CHAR faces (left/right)

If this was any use to you, please leave a like, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me peeps