Coding Prob Please help out

if i want the reader to only have three tries for a question how do I do that?

3 Likes

there might be a template on dara amarie’s website if you want to check it out: https://www.dara-amarie.com/

What’s the question you want them to have three tries on, what are the options, and which one’s the right answer? And do you want wrong answers that were already selected to disappear the next time around?

I want them to pick only three questions to ask thenn when they ask three questions then the story continues

Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and you’ll see the eliminating choices section. I hope that’s what you’re after?

But it only makes the choices disappear how do I make the scene move forward after they make three choices.

If you scroll right down that code template, you will see the section where you can continue on with your story after they have selected each choice. (:

oh ok

But then I don’t want the reader to pick all the choices there, I only want them to pick three out of nine choices, then move on to the next scene.

Use one of your characters to count how many questions have been asked. Initially set them to 0 before the label you’re using to loop the questions.

At the top of each question add 1 to that character.

At the bottom of each question, just before looping back to the questions, put the following if statement (changing to the appropriate character name and ending label name.):
if (COUNT > 2){
goto end_loop
}

Oh so if they haven’t asked the three questions it will loop

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.