Coding problems 😅

What does it mean when ‘need more than one value to unpack’?

2 Likes

pls show me your script where you got this error.

1 Like

It means too many directing commands on one line.
So like:
@JUNE enters from right to screen right and JUNE faces left and JUNE is animation and JUNE is this and JUNE is that

1 Like

I dont think this means what you say. I gave gif looping command where is 120 command on one like and it works fine. From my experience it happens if some command do conflict each other - like if thele is label bringing you back constantky recreating again overlay atc …

1 Like

Make sure you say a certain animation

1 Like

Hello,

When it says “need more than one” value to unpack it means it’s missing something from the coding in order for that code to work properly or it means something like if you were using weather effects it should look something like:
INT/EXT BACKGROUND with effect RAIN
or whatever weather effect you want to use. Some people accidentally forget the word “with” or add the word “weather” in there when it should only say “with effect” which can cause this error.

2 Likes

Hello,

Sorry, I think Farah understood what Maeverie said just the same way I did and I’d have to disagree as well. The way Maeverie coded that wouldn’t cause an error, it just wouldn’t play out the way they intended because it would just skip over some animations and play the last one and I also understood it as if there are too many directing commands on a line in general as she worded that in which she also showed in her example. In my experience as well it doesn’t cause an issue and she didn’t mention something missing from the coding or show it in her example. What you’re talking about with your example isn’t the same as what she’s talking about, she said too many directing commands on one line as she showed, you’re talking about if there’s a portion of that coding missing which could cause an unpacking error as you said. But more so if they were missing something like a number for the spot placement (x,y) is when you’d get an unpack error and it would say “too many” values to unpack.

In case you didn’t know, you don’t have to use “does it while” to have a character do an animation while walking, it can also be done using “is” although I personally don’t recommend using is with walking commands. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Awesome explanation :upside_down_face: I learned something new today. :raised_hands:t4: :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.