Coffee Scene Help (LL)

i need some help im trying to make my character stand behind this overlay and put the overlay in the right place

background is INT. COFFEE CAFE - DAY
overlay is

2 Likes

I start off by placing the overlay anywhere, then save and preview the scene in the portal or on the app, there you can press helpers, spot directing, and place the overlay where you’d like it to be. Copy and past that code into your script.
To have a person behind or infront you use layers! hope this helped!

Can you show me your code?

this is the script im using

INT. COFFEE CAFE - DAY with COFFEE CAFE DESK
&cut to zone 1
&overlay 4622412012584960_COFFEE CAFE DESK shifts to 0 0 in zone 1
&overlay 4622412012584960_COFFEE CAFE DESK scales to 1.396 1.396
@overlay 4622412012584960_COFFEE CAFE DESK moves to layer 5
&CHAR 1 spot 0.920 67 195 in zone 1 AND CHAR 1 is idle AND CHAR 1 moves to layer 2

1 Like

what’s the issue with that?

hmm I dont see actually a problem the script should work I think. What exactly is the problem you are experiencing?

I have tested it and it works fine:

in case you got the script from somebody else just delete the nubers infront of the overlay name like this:

INT. COFFEE CAFE - DAY with COFFEE CAFE DESK
&cut to zone 1
&overlay COFFEE CAFE DESK shifts to 0 0 in zone 1
&overlay COFFEE CAFE DESK scales to 1.396 1.396
@overlay COFFEE CAFE DESK moves to layer 5
&CHAR 1 spot 0.920 67 195 in zone 1 AND CHAR 1 is idle AND CHAR 1 moves to layer 2

also check if your overlay name is exacly as in the script.

1 Like

how do i have someone walk to the counter to order something

you have to put him on higher layer than the overlay.
If you know how to spotdirect spot him offscreen and then walk him to desired position with command

@CHAR walks to spot # # # in zone # in #

this is happening

you havent put him on higher layer than the overlay. The overlay is on layer 5 so he has to be on layer 6 and higher.

I also recomand to walk him via spotdirecting since the simple directing sometimes resets layers and you can adjust his size to fit more the woman behind couner.

how do i keep him the same size?

through spot directing / I have given you the link explaining it in the previous reply. :wink:

Here it is also explained:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.