Come here for help with your story!

Not sure if I explained that very well. Do you want me to write an example?

1 Like

No your ok Thanks so much!!

1 Like

You’re welcome, reply to me again if you need more help. Good luck with your story :grin:

@Alyssa_Epi @ElenLordGames anybody need anymore help?

No not yet. I took a little time off, but you will hear from me soon!:grin:

1 Like

Hey everyone!
This is my first message here!
I’m 12 but i think i understand a lot about coding for my age, and i think i made a good base story rn. I’m still busy with the basics of ep. 2 of my first story, and for the scene i want to direct now i figured out how to put your own backgrounds and overlays in a story. I downloaded a bed background and a blanket overlay, and the episode team accepted it. But now, if i try to use it in my code, the script gives me an error because the background and overlay “doesn’t exists”. How do i solve this problem?
I already tried to reload my catalog, script, the info page about my story,… Now i’m desperate. Sooooo, who can help me?

1 Like

Hope you’re enjoying your break, but feel free to come back on here when you need help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the thread!
Please can you send me screenshots of your script? :smiley:

No thank you @MakenzieWritesIG but thanks for all the help so far, I’m sure I’ll probably need help in about 10 minutes though :joy::joy:

1 Like

Ahaha, okay! You’re welcome, happy to help :smiley:

Hi! I need help to make my screen zoom up into the character while sleeping then goes into a dream. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I’m back! How do you make a background fade into another background? Because whenever I try to do it fades into the background I had before and then changes into the new background…

1 Like

Hey there,
I figured out how to do it in another way, and when i look at it, my story looks much better without the bed scene.
Thanks for your help anyway :slight_smile:
DiamondThingy

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply! I’ll write an example for you. ‘BACKGROUND’ should be replaced with the background name that you are using.

BACKGROUND

NARRATOR
Let’s change to another background.

@transition fade out
BACKGROUND
@transition fade in

NARRATOR
Here is the new scene!

The first ‘background’ is the scene that you want to appear in the beginning, and the second ‘background’ is the background that the scene will fade in to. This should work, let me know if it doesn’t.
Hope this helped :wink:

1 Like

That’s alright! Good luck with your story! :slight_smile:

Hey! I’m sorry for the late reply. On the writer portal, you should press preview, and the scene where the character is sleeping should appear. Then, press ‘directing helper’ on the preview screen, and then press ‘zoom helper.’ From there, you will be able to scale and move the screen using the buttons on the bottom left of the preview screen, and move it until the screen is showing the characters face asleep. Underneath the preview screen, press ‘copy’ and then paste this command into the script, and change the ‘in 0’ at the end of the command to the amount of second it will take to zoom onto the character. Then, you should fade into a different background and start the dream. Make sure on the scene of the dream to write ‘@zoom reset’ at the beginning to make the scene big again.

I really hope this helped! Reply to me again if you need anymore help :slight_smile:

Would you like me to write an example? I’m not sure if I explained it very well :confused:

How has your story been going? Do you need anymore help? :smiley:

Hey, how do you make an overlay start off really small then get bigger whilst rotating? :smile:

1 Like

@Apes Do you know how to do this?

I’m not sure, sorry. Thanks for asking though :slight_smile:

1 Like