Come here for help with your story!

what made it work?

Check out these threads :slight_smile:

HOW TO: Transitions

Sounds good, @Jade.epi! I’ll be sure to give this a try! Thank you! :slight_smile:

I need help with spot directing

1 Like

hey there i have a question. how do you make your background panning (ex: from zone 1 to zone 3 in specific amount of time) and then have a dialogue also playing while the background is still panning? I know you can’t use command @pan to zone [__] is there any other command?

1 Like

Use & instead of @ :slight_smile:

1 Like

So i have to stop at zone 2 first then? I tried to using & to pan to zone 3 but it would just end up too fast

1 Like

&pan to zone 3 in S
S would be the number of seconds

1 Like

oh my god i didn’t know we can do this!! thank you sm :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

try to spot instead of just the numbers try follow olivia to spot 1.2 in zone 2 USE YOUR NUMBERS

2 Likes

yeah

1 Like

what does the warning say now?

1 Like

ok so

FOR EXAMPLE

@ARITA walks to spot 0.821 0 -209 in zone 1 in 5 AND ARITA does it while run_jog

1 Like

Try this

1 Like

try the one i did but with different spots and with different zones

2 Likes

It doesn’t work with spots. Only screen positions. Screen left/right etc
&OLIVIA walks to spot x y z in zone 2 in 3 AND OLIVIA does it while run_jog
@pan to zone 2 in 3

3 Likes

Hey! Has your problem been resolved or do you still need help? Thank you for replying @nattyjames.epi and @Jade.epi

1 Like

Hey @Durrr !
If you preview your story on episode (on computer), it will come up with some boxes on the side of the preview. If you press ‘directing help,’ and then press ‘spot helper,’ you can press ‘change char’ until the character that you want to move is selected (they have a box around them). Then, you have to make sure on the right of the preview, it says ‘scale,’ and then you can click (with your mouse) down on the character and move them to any point on the scene. To change how big the character is, press on scale until it changes to move, then you can drag up and down to change the size of the character.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey, @Episode_mine :smiley:
I have previously wrote how to do this to another person, so I will copy and paste my reply. Hope this helps.

If you preview your story on episode (on computer), it will come up with some boxes on the side of the preview. If you press ‘directing help,’ and then press ‘spot helper,’ you can press ‘change char’ until the character that you want to move is selected (they have a box around them). Then, you have to make sure on the right of the preview, it says ‘scale,’ and then you can click (with your mouse) down on the character and move them to any point on the scene. To change how big the character is, press on scale until it changes to move, then you can drag up and down to change the size of the character.