Come here for help with your story!

That line works, but the camera isn’t following her

It doesn’t work with spots. Only screen positions. Screen left/right etc
&OLIVIA walks to spot x y z in zone 2 in 3 AND OLIVIA does it while run_jog
@pan to zone 2 in 3

Thank you!! :heart:

Hey! Has your problem been resolved or do you still need help? Thank you for replying @nattyjames.epi and @Jade.epi

Hey @Durrr !
If you preview your story on episode (on computer), it will come up with some boxes on the side of the preview. If you press ‘directing help,’ and then press ‘spot helper,’ you can press ‘change char’ until the character that you want to move is selected (they have a box around them). Then, you have to make sure on the right of the preview, it says ‘scale,’ and then you can click (with your mouse) down on the character and move them to any point on the scene. To change how big the character is, press on scale until it changes to move, then you can drag up and down to change the size of the character.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hey, @Episode_mine :smiley:
I have previously wrote how to do this to another person, so I will copy and paste my reply. Hope this helps.

If you preview your story on episode (on computer), it will come up with some boxes on the side of the preview. If you press ‘directing help,’ and then press ‘spot helper,’ you can press ‘change char’ until the character that you want to move is selected (they have a box around them). Then, you have to make sure on the right of the preview, it says ‘scale,’ and then you can click (with your mouse) down on the character and move them to any point on the scene. To change how big the character is, press on scale until it changes to move, then you can drag up and down to change the size of the character.

How do you make characters talk while on the phone? thanks.

Hey, @ElenLordGames !

There is an animation called ‘walk_talk_phone’ that can be used when a character is talking on the phone and walking.

You can try this. Hope I’ve helped :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for replying so fast is there anyway to talk and not walk?

It’s alright, but what do you mean? Do you want the character to be stood still whilst talking on the phone?

Oh no! I’m sorry @ElenLordGames ! I read your first reply wrong! I thought that you had said ‘walk whilst on the phone’ but you said ‘talk whilst on the phone.’ I’m sorry!

thats ok don’t worry yes i meant stand still and have her mouth move whilst she’s on the phone so she doesn’t look crazy :))

Sorry actually it’s ok ive just figured it out, I just have to change the word walk to talk and voila

oh sorry again that doesn’t work for them all only one do you know of any other commands I could use?

There is a few animations for this. If you go onto Episode (on your computer), at the top of the screen you will see a tab saying ‘art catalog.’ Press on that, and go to animations. Use the drop down bar to either select ‘LIMELIGHT FEMALE/MALE’ or ‘INK FEMALE/MALE’ depending on which style you are writing your story in, and if you are using a male or female character. Then, in the search bar on that page, type phone and a list of each animation, and a preview of them will appear. Choose which animation you want and write it into your script. There is happy, shocked, and listening phone animations too.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your story :wink:

Wow yes sorry must have been blind before :)) thank you so much do you mind if I ask something else?

That’s okay, I understand that coding is hard and it takes a long time to get the hang of it, but keep practicing and you’ll be writing away in no time. And yes, feel free to ask away! I accept all questions that you want to ask! :kissing_heart:

thankyou, so it’s to do with making my character do two things at once so for example I wanted her to exit right whilst doing the exhausted walk animation but it says there is a coding error.

Alright, this is easy once you know what to do. What is the name of the character you want to exit, and I’ll write out the code you need to use for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

so her name is: Eleni