Come here for help with your story!

ok thanks but how do I just put them there without having them walk on screen

1 Like

I think you need to put the } on line 4413 onto the same line as “Formal” { so that the bracket from line 4403 and the first bracket on line 4414 match up maybe?

Can you see if this works and text back?

You could write @CHAR stands screen right (replace CHAR with the characters name) so that they are stood on the left to begin with, or you could preview the story on computer, press directing helper, then spot helper, and drag the character to wherever you want them to stand.

Nope

Can you copy and paste the script instead of taking screenshots so I can try to fix them myself and then tell you whats wrong?

label dressing_game

LISA
(What should I wear today?)

choice
“Simple but edgy”{

@LISA walks to upscreen left in zone 2

@LISA changes into FEMALE_simple

#Change the word MC_outfit1 to whatever your first outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_smart_casual

}
“pink wednesday”{

@LISA changes into FEMALE_PINKY

#Change the word MC_outfit2 to whatever your second outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_winter_clothes

gain pink wednesday

}
“Formal”{

@LISA changes into FEMALE_formal

#Change the word MC_outfit3 to whatever your third outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_workout_gear

}

@LISA walks to screen center in zone 3

Thanks. Give me a few minutes so I can try to fix it.

:ok_hand:

1 Like

there’s a problem with gain, gains can’t contain spaces, try pink_wednesday

1 Like

It worked! but when i have the “if pink wednesday” should i add the _ between them?

1 Like

Thank you for resolving the problem. I wasn’t sure myself :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, underscores ( _ ) should be used in place of spaces in the gains

@Apes Thanks you two! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Good luck with your story, I’m glad we could help :wink:

ok thanks but how do I just put them there without having them walk on screen

If you type @ CHAR stands screen right or @ CHAR stands screen left they will not walk onto the screen

Thankyou so much!!

I’d also like to know how to have my character do the dust down animation whilst she changes clothes so it looks a bit more natural

Hi I need help with an error message I’m getting. the error basically says "you have a { on line 143 that doesn’t have a matching } " this is for a choice that I made but my problem is that it does have a matching } . I also tried deleting the context inside the choice and when I saved that worked but when I put it BACK in it had the same error. I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!

1 Like

Is it normal for a writer first plan to go wrong? or is it just me?

1 Like