Come here for help with your story!

Alright. You can copy and paste the coding on the next line but I will try to explain underneath which each bit means so that you can try and do this on your own next time!

@ELENI exits right AND ELENI does it while walk_exhausted

Eleni exits right is obviously what she is doing and which way she is exiting. The ‘AND’ indicates that she is doing the exit action whilst doing an animation. The ‘does it while’ is important because otherwise Eleni would be exiting right, and then doing the walk_exhausted animation. Eleni needs to be written in front of the animation and at the start of the coding to show that it is her who is exiting, and her who is doing the animation.

I hope this has helped you, and good luck writing the rest of your story. If you need anymore help, don’t be afraid to come back to this thread and ask me another question.

Wow thank you so much thats great, sorry to be a pain but i’ve just come across another struggle.
If i want my character to walk into a setting where people are already milling around and don’t all walk on at once, how would I do that?

I’m not sure what you mean. Please could you explain more?

So I want Eleni to walk on screen into a bar, but when she gets in there i want there to already be people standing inside as there would be in a bar

I have a script error

If you have people already standing in a spot before Eleni enters, then they can already be doing animations, making it look like they were there before she got there

ok thanks but how do I just put them there without having them walk on screen

I think you need to put the } on line 4413 onto the same line as “Formal” { so that the bracket from line 4403 and the first bracket on line 4414 match up maybe?

Can you see if this works and text back?

You could write @CHAR stands screen right (replace CHAR with the characters name) so that they are stood on the left to begin with, or you could preview the story on computer, press directing helper, then spot helper, and drag the character to wherever you want them to stand.

Nope

Can you copy and paste the script instead of taking screenshots so I can try to fix them myself and then tell you whats wrong?

label dressing_game

LISA
(What should I wear today?)

choice
“Simple but edgy”{

@LISA walks to upscreen left in zone 2

@LISA changes into FEMALE_simple

#Change the word MC_outfit1 to whatever your first outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_smart_casual

}
“pink wednesday”{

@LISA changes into FEMALE_PINKY

#Change the word MC_outfit2 to whatever your second outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_winter_clothes

gain pink wednesday

}
“Formal”{

@LISA changes into FEMALE_formal

#Change the word MC_outfit3 to whatever your third outfit’s filename is - e.g. RACHEL_workout_gear

}

@LISA walks to screen center in zone 3

Thanks. Give me a few minutes so I can try to fix it.

:ok_hand:

there’s a problem with gain, gains can’t contain spaces, try pink_wednesday

It worked! but when i have the “if pink wednesday” should i add the _ between them?

Thank you for resolving the problem. I wasn’t sure myself :smiley:

Yes, underscores ( _ ) should be used in place of spaces in the gains

@Apes Thanks you two! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck with your story, I’m glad we could help :wink: