COMING SOON: Speech Bubble Style Update & Larger Episode Scripts!

Hello Episodians!

Today we want to announce a couple of features that we’ll be testing and rolling out in the upcoming weeks. We’re excited to show you what we’re working on, and hope you are too!

COMING SOON: Speech Bubble Styles!

Over the years, we’ve worked on various speech bubble styles for different stories, but we haven’t been able to make this widely available to you guys, even though you guys have figured out how to hack our system to use the pink or purple speech bubbles.

Behind the scenes, we’ve always wanted to make the speech bubble styles more widely available too! In order to do that though, we needed to make a couple of small adjustments to the looks so that they would work well with the new system.

In the upcoming weeks, you’ll start to see us roll out the new tech on the app – here’s a sneak peek of what the update looks like!

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

For authors – don’t worry, that’s not all! We’re going to host a beta soon for a feature that allows you to select the speech bubble style you want for your story (without having to name your story with “Mean Girls” or “Demi”)! In fact, the new feature will allow you to also change your mind, and switch styles if you want. Stay tuned.

TESTING NOW: Larger Script Sizes!

For the longest time, some of you may have run into the following error when saving your episodes as seen here.

Starting today, we’re slowly rolling out a system change that updates our max episode size by 2-3 times what it is now. This means that over the next few weeks, fewer and fewer of you should run into this problem.

We’re excited to get these released to you and would love to hear your thoughts below :point_down:

135 Likes

I almost threw my computer at a wall last week because I kept getting the “Chapter is too large to save” message. This is amazing :sob:

27 Likes

OMG! I am ready for this!

@FallenAngelNight13 THEY DID IT THE LONGER SCRIPTS G A L I L E O B A D T O T H E B O N E AHHHHHHHHHHHH

clears throat
Ahem. Uh. Yay! Excited for this ^-^

10 Likes

This is awesome! Now I wish I waited to start my story.

2 Likes

Yes! This is amazing! Thank you Episode.

Yes can’t wait currently writing my first story and all these updates have made it a lot easier. Only question if I already started my story but haven’t published can I change the speech bubbles or would I have to start a new one?

3 Likes

“In fact, the new feature will allow you to also change your mind, and switch styles if you want. Stay tuned.“

6 Likes

I screamed in a library . . .

yas

14 Likes

Kyaahh! I’m super hype to see the new speech bubbles!! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

This is awesome! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Thank you so much! I like how we would be able to switch speechbubble styles.

2-3 times script size now? * squeals * That’s so amazing! :scream: This would be so helpful for authors who do massive branching in their stories.

Love. Love. Love.

8 Likes

I love the new speech bubble style!

I’m not really sure how I feel it about the new style :thinking: will we be able to choose from old one and a new one @Jesse ?

But I’m glad we can change it in the middle and we don’t have to create new stories for this :grin:

Thank you!

4 Likes

I agree. I’m glad that we’ll be able to switch color themes mid story but I don’t like the new look… I’d like to have the option to choose the current ones.

3 Likes

And add PLL style! :grin::smile:

8 Likes

I love the new style. It looks so professional, especially for my darker stories.

3 Likes

Yesss!!

2 Likes

adhjasdbas ya’ll really had to include that post of me from 2016. i’m choking.

ANYWAYS THIS IS BEYOND AMAZING. THANK YOU!

18 Likes

OH. MY. GOD! This a dream come true! NEW SPEECH BUBBLE STYLES! This includes Ink too right?!

This is great. Will it just be out of blue, purple and pink or will we get some new colours?

5 Likes