Coming up with a title

Hey guys! Does anyone have any tips on coming up with a good title for my new story? I’m kinda stuck

Honestly, I just look through titles people are already using, write down words that are important to the story, and try and see if anything fits.

Looking through other titles can give you some good inspiration:)

3 Likes

thanks, i’ll try that :relaxed:

I wrote one chapter first before I decided on anything.
But first think about what you want the title to give off. Like think about a “theme” you want to set if that makes sense.
And then think about if you ever want that phrase “the title” to be repeated in the story.

1 Like

Thanks, i’ll do that x

I came up with mine by starting with a random title generator :joy:

Then, if you have a general sense of how your story is going to go, try and fit the themes of the story into that “blueprint” that the generator gave you.

I also like to pull from my favorite books. I find that classic books put the plot twist or the biggest plot device as the title so you could do that. Or you could do a catchphrase that the main character always says (if they have one and its "important) or you could do pun that applies if its a lighthearted story because I do think that a title should match the tone of the story.

Thats all that I got lol. Hopefully this is helpful!

2 Likes

HAHAHA I did that too, and one came out that’s almost perfect for my story so I might change it a little bit and use that. Thank you so much for all the great advice :relaxed:

1 Like

No problem!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.