Community Author Gem Choices are here for everyone!

this is pretty neat :smiley:

No, I don’t want gen choices!

I agree.

I’m not a huge fan of this personally, as I worry it will be abused (everything seems to be nowadays).

But I’m going to keep an open mind, and see what comes out of this! :smiley:
Hopefully this can bring more recognition to smaller authors through the process.

I am very sad because I was testing my story with the gem choices to see if it worked and my OWN STORY TOOK ALL MY GEMS! 15 GEMS WERE USED IN MY OWN STORY! Please correct this mistake episode!

Whoa, I didn’t know when testing it will use our gems! Thanks for the warning and sorry that happened to you. :sweat:

Thank you for your support! And no prob for the warning!:slightly_smiling_face:

Oh no! can you contact our support team? They will be able to help you with this.

In the mean time you can test on Web Previewer as well.

How do I contact support?

Oh and I have one last question. When I was reviewing the gem choice in my story, they showed 15 gems. I am a little bit confused because they say that under 10 000 reads, the gem choices will only cost 2 gems. I didn’t even publish my story yet so I have 0 reads on it!

How do we use gem choices? Will there be insrtuctions?:thinking:

I read it like it’s encouraged but not necessary.
Basically, I read it like you should try to “sell” the choice but whether or not you do is really up to you.
Why would a reader pay for a choice if they don’t have any idea what the outcome will be? I mean, shouldn’t they at least know that they’ll get some benefit/the outcome will be good? I don’t think you’ll need to completely explain what the reader will get, but you could maybe at least allude to the fact that there’ll be some benefit that they’ll find out at a later date? Otherwise, why pay for the choice? At the very least, shouldn’t the reader have some idea of what they’re going to get for their money?

As a reader, I would assume that the choice I’m paying money for is the best :woman_shrugging: :joy:

You must be part of the 2.5%, sorry

you can contact support here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Whoaaa, WOOHOOO!!! Awesome!!! This will be really helpful!! :+1:t2:

I literally avoid Feautured stories because of Gem Choices, now if everyone has gem choices in there story I will literally stop reading episode & just continue writing stories.

If I only decide to add one gem choice in each of my chapters does that mean all of them will be free? Will it still count towards my gem chapter reads?

Remember that this is an optional feature that authors can use if they choose too. Its not required for any story.

Only the first gem choice your reader encounters in the story will be free. Each choice after that will appear as a gem choice.