Community Author Gem Choices are here for everyone!

I agree.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a huge fan of this personally, as I worry it will be abused (everything seems to be nowadays).

But Iā€™m going to keep an open mind, and see what comes out of this! :smiley:
Hopefully this can bring more recognition to smaller authors through the process.

6 Likes

I am very sad because I was testing my story with the gem choices to see if it worked and my OWN STORY TOOK ALL MY GEMS! 15 GEMS WERE USED IN MY OWN STORY! Please correct this mistake episode!

5 Likes

Whoa, I didnā€™t know when testing it will use our gems! Thanks for the warning and sorry that happened to you. :sweat:

Thank you for your support! And no prob for the warning!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh no! can you contact our support team? They will be able to help you with this.

In the mean time you can test on Web Previewer as well.

2 Likes

How do I contact support?

Oh and I have one last question. When I was reviewing the gem choice in my story, they showed 15 gems. I am a little bit confused because they say that under 10 000 reads, the gem choices will only cost 2 gems. I didnā€™t even publish my story yet so I have 0 reads on it!

1 Like

How do we use gem choices? Will there be insrtuctions?:thinking:

1 Like

I read it like itā€™s encouraged but not necessary.
Basically, I read it like you should try to ā€œsellā€ the choice but whether or not you do is really up to you.
Why would a reader pay for a choice if they donā€™t have any idea what the outcome will be? I mean, shouldnā€™t they at least know that theyā€™ll get some benefit/the outcome will be good? I donā€™t think youā€™ll need to completely explain what the reader will get, but you could maybe at least allude to the fact that thereā€™ll be some benefit that theyā€™ll find out at a later date? Otherwise, why pay for the choice? At the very least, shouldnā€™t the reader have some idea of what theyā€™re going to get for their money?

As a reader, I would assume that the choice Iā€™m paying money for is the best :woman_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

You must be part of the 2.5%, sorry

2 Likes

you can contact support here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Whoaaa, WOOHOOO!!! Awesome!!! This will be really helpful!! :+1:t2:

If I only decide to add one gem choice in each of my chapters does that mean all of them will be free? Will it still count towards my gem chapter reads?

Remember that this is an optional feature that authors can use if they choose too. Its not required for any story.

1 Like

Only the first gem choice your reader encounters in the story will be free. Each choice after that will appear as a gem choice.

2 Likes

I really think this is a great idea! Itā€™s very considerate of you (episode) to help other readers get into the payment program and just into episode altogether. Iā€™m loving all of these new ideas you guys are coming up with!!

1 Like

I get your point. Thatā€™s completely true for choices which lead to one special scene. But Iā€™d never pay for that. :grin:

Iā€™m wondering more, why should we use gems on worthless choices at all. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Choices need to be important in my opinion. In my other story for example, I offer to reader to choose between stones. All stones have different powers, I canā€™t say choose that one which costs gems, because that stone will give you the best power. I canā€™t say that, because at that point character is taking the stone just because the stones are cute and at that point reader or character has no idea, that there will be any powers (based on stone) involved in story - later.

So that is what is confusing me.

But if the choice would be worthless- for example- choose red stone, because thatā€™s your girlfriendā€™s favorite color and it will open a special scene - in that case Iā€™d be allowed to use gem. :sweat: :frowning_face:

2 Likes

A quick question I feel may be relevant. If an author updates their past chapter, and you previously chose a gem choice in that chapter, will your gems be refunded like passes? It would be a shame to spend x gems on something only for it to be forgotten with a chapter update. :thinking:

7 Likes