Community Authors Gem Choices Test

they cost 2 diamonds lol

1 Like

My biggest issue is that they charge too much to use gems in the story. Make the choices more meaningful and make them cost less and in my opinion people would have less complaints about it.

2 Likes

Where exactly did you get that number from? Where does anything say 2 gems? It costs 5 just to skip ads.

4 Likes

I think for choosing the gem option it depends on how many reads either the story or the author has (I don’t remember which). The fewer the reads, the cheaper the gem options are, and I think it started from 2.
They may have reworked the system, though. I’m not sure, because gem choices still show as regular choices for me in user stories.

2 Likes

I believe that was only for the test… I haven’t seen 2 gems anywhere since anyway but I could be wrong too

While a User Story with gem choices is a ‘hidden gem’ the choices will be even cheaper. If a story has less than 10k reads, gem choices will be only 2 gems. When a story has between 10k and 100k reads, gem choices will be 5 gems. Once a story gets over 100k reads, gem choices will be 10 gems.

Taken from:

It was 15 for the test. But like @Caitoriri, they still show as regular choices for me

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter. For user stories what if someone made every choice gemmed at 2 gems. Okay it’s only 2 gems at first but they add up quickly. If someone had 10 choices in 1 episode that’s 20 gems per episode. No offence but I don’t trust authors to be kind with the amount of gem choices they put in a story.

1 Like

There’s a cap that means authors can’t add any more than 2 gem choices per chapter.

1 Like

Ahhhh well that’s definitely better! Did not know that :stuck_out_tongue: I do think there’s alot of miscommunication around these new gem choices.
Some people think anyone can use them and some think you get paid for them and I thought there wasn’t a cap. All of which is false. Thankyou for letting me know :slight_smile:

Yeah, they have a lot of crucial information about gem choices split into two different topics (this one, and the one that Elise quoted from above) which seems to be leading to a lot of misunderstandings.
The good news is that they do seem to be very serious about finding ways to make sure community authors don’t abuse the system and ways to report authors who do try to. I imagine they give those support tickets priority as well since it… you know… involves real money :joy:

1 Like

Yeah that all makes sense :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for letting me know! It’s super helpful when people like you explain misunderstanding :joy:

1 Like

Well this I am not super excited for

Although have you read Love Life? Again they’re not holding their featured stories to the same standard. I’d go so far as to say that there are more gem choices than normal choices!

1 Like

Ohhhh, lord. Yes, there were so many that it got ridiculous… and I’ve only read half of the first episode! :joy:
But in this case, I can understand why they’re doing it. They can check their own gem choices for quality (whether we consider them good quality or not is another thing entirely) but they can’t check every single gem choice in a user story for quality and/or abuse.
If it were another feature I’d say they should rely on support tickets to keep it under control, but since gems cost real world money, I can understand why they need to hold users to a different standard.

3 Likes

You guys make good points! I do disagree with Love Life. It was def ridiculous. I didn’t even finish reading it, due to them, but I also think that if they let people with 1k+ reads do it, then I would agree.

1 Like

You can only have 2 diamond choices per chapter, but I see what you are getting at.

1 Like

Honestly, why even bother letting us reply? I highly doubt anything we say will even be considered.
I mean, if they were listening, the gems system wouldn’t be what it is.
I have no problem with a company making money. But they also ruin a lot of their stories.

2 Likes

Agreed

Does the author get the gem if the reader chooses the gem choice?

No.
Authors in the payment program get a 25% bonus on any stories with gems in it.
Authors not in the program have an “easier” way to qualify (you need 100k gem chapter reads in 2 months with 300 gem options chosen).
But the authors do not get the gems.