Community Authors Gem Choices Test

You can’t. It’s a feature for only a small bunch of writers

1 Like

Ohhh ok thanks🙂

I don’t really like gem choices, because the outcomes aren’t always very good, and they cost a lot of gems. If gem choices ARE added in, please keep the gem cost to a minimum :slight_smile: Plus, not everybody HAS a lot of gems or the sufficient amount of gems needed.

4 Likes

Are the stories with check marks the ones who are receiving the gem test, or are those just ones that authors get writers payments from?

What do you mean by check marks?

Well not really, Episode needs to make money, meaning they can’t spend it by paying every Author.

Then don’t allow gems for non-payed authors. Simple ^^

1 Like

This is a great idea. I would use it someday. :heart:

1 Like

I really like that idea. You could also have little bonus ‘easter egg’ scenes or ‘goofs’ scenes if they donated. Just silly stuff, or in my case maybe an exclusive artwork panel or a higher detailed version of one in the story previously or something.

I was thinking I’d use gems to allow people to ‘cheat’, too. For if they chose incorrectly and it will give them a game over, for example, they could spend gems to wipe it and go back before the consequences.

4 Likes

The cheat idea is great for the authors using points and flags :smile: I’d consider using that too :smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Especially since some of them are just making us choose the not so good route instead of the good route.

Gem choices are not as bad as most users think. It honestly depends on how they’re used, and when they’re used ineffectively it can be really bad. When it’s used effectively, it may be really good.

This could either be beneficial if used correctly and responsibly or end up just hurting the reader’s experience even more. If the reader gets a gem for EVERY chapter read, not just the featured stories, then maybe it wouldn’t be as bad, but these benefits still cost WAY too much, sometimes completely giving an unfair advantage and other times one could spend 20+ gems for something promised and it ends up being a disappointing experience. They should also be a lot cheaper, maybe 5 gems max for non-feature stories. There should at least be some kind of cap because who knows what some authors might do to get some extra cash. I’m not saying all authors would but there would definitely be a few “Pay 50 gems to move on in the story”

2 Likes

Gems don’t bother me at all as your not forced to play with the gem option. But please if authors ar adding them do a bonus scene don’t just add it to a scene that was available before.

3 Likes

Agree feature stories annoy me especially when one gem choice cost over 50 gems and it was just an outfit choice no bonus scene. Feature stories max should be 20 and maybe 2 for non featured stories.

@Melc144 That’s right. We are not forced to purchase or use gems. And it’s not like they drastically change the storyline anyway? From my experience they typically remain the same, or end up with the same results.

Like I said, it all depends on how they are used.

3 Likes

I personally, don’t like gem choices/stories because in real life you don’t need to pay or use anything for your own decisions. But it’s great that people are given a choice if they want to!

3 Likes

Well actually… you do. All the time!
Buy a new outfit or wear something you have.
Spend money to go have dinner with friends or stay home because you’re broke and need to save money.
Go on an awesome trip around the world or go on a road trip just an hour away because it’s cheaper.

It’s really the same concept as real life (in my opinion). Yes, some of the choices are kind of dumb, especially when a character OFFERS you something or bought something for you and you STILL need to pay for it but in real life, you often have to pay for things you really want.

3 Likes

I always thought gems should be used like that too. Actual worthwhile bonus content. Salvaging a mini-game you’d failed/choosing to use gems so you’d be guaranteed to win before playing. Or in the case where you have to choose between two+ things/two+ people (like, which will you take? The baseball bat? The flashlight? Or, gem choice, take both!). I feel like those are fair choices of gems.

And I don’t mind gem outfit choices in stories, tbh, as long as we’re not shamed for wearing the free choice. Except in the case @EliseC mentioned… “Here’s a dress I already bought for you as a gift!” “Thank you, I love it! I look amazing! …but I think I’ll just wear my grungy sweats.”
Just. Why.

9 Likes

There was that thing in Pretty Little Lairs with the murder party costume, like, someone has an extra really pretty dress just for you, but you have to pay like 40 gems to get it otherwise you look like Cinderella before she was a princess? Pissed me off so much I didn’t have enough gems…

4 Likes