Community Authors Gem Choices Test

I agree. If I was a gem test author, I’d add bonus scenes, sneekpeaks, and extra character background information for the gems. That way, it doesn’t really effect the storyline, but gives more screen time.

6 Likes

Yes, but most of them are choosing the choices for your actions or just accepting an outfit from a friend/another character

I’m not fond of gem choices - to put it lightly. I don’t have the money to buy more gems so I can wear a slightly prettier outfit in a story! I try to avoid gem choice stories. I don’t think I would ever put gem choices in my stories. I mean, if it doesn’t benefit the author that much to put them in, what’s the point?! Anyway, love the idea of supporting the author.

4 Likes

Of course, gem choices sucks for readers that dont have enough gems. But for authors, this would make it easier, as I see it. Ya know, when u write a story, and the player can either go to the prom in pajamas, or in a beautiful dress, you always want to choose the last one. But what is the point of having this choice if it costs nothing? Then the author could spare some time and remove the choice, just let the reader walk into the prom in that amazing, glorious dress and blind everyone. But the whole story would be so easy, right? We always want to choose the right thing, and if that is just as easy as choosing the hurting one, I think it would’ve been kinda boring after some time. But I barly have any gems myself, so I dont blame you. I feel the same way sometimes¨

1 Like

I hate when gem choices are so polarized like that. I would love if gems would be implemented into user stories in a way where paying gems could only enhance the story whereas not paying gems would have essentially no effect. In featured stories, it seems like if you don’t use gems, your character gets punished when they didn’t really have an equal opportunity to succeed (although most gem choices only result in meaningless dialogue anyways).

8 Likes

Yes I don’t like this either. I don’t read many featured stories but I like Joseph Evan’s stories. I made sure I looked at the choices. The clothing options were not so polarized but I was disappointed when one character kept on asking the MC on a date, I had to pay for it. I think one should have been a gem choice and the other not. However, if this is just a matter of waiting a little for the relationship to develop (and the gem choices make it happen quicker) I can deal with it.

1 Like

I do agree with you. It sucks when you have to have enough gems to do something really special, and your character shouldn’t get punished. But like @Booklady1017 said, its okay if you just have to wait a little and then you character will develop the relationship anyways. And the clothing options isn’t that bad, like, if your character goes to the prom in pajamas, you won’t have to suffer for that long.
So what im saying is that I do agree with you that some gem choices sucks - like the ones where you miss something really, really special, like a relationship if you dont pay. But I also think it makes the stories more intresting sometimes, like when you get a clothing option.

3 Likes

I agree that missing out on something plot altering, like a relationship, is bad, but I think gem choices should generally give people exclusive access to very special things - I mean, they’re paying real money, after all! Or they’ve saved up a lot of gems from featured stories, either one :joy:

1 Like

I totally agree with you! :slight_smile:

I spent it on Demi too! Also on Pretty Little Liars-Really loved that game :joy:

1 Like

I agree!

Yeah, I agree with the other readers who dislike gem choices because of the price. When I see outfits that are TWENTY FIVE gems, I’d be like, “Really? You do dat in front of me?” Then Episode would pull back. (inside joke)

To be honest, I’d have the make the premium outfits at least like 5-10 based on importance to the story; how much it effects the reader’s journey. For the story ones, I’d say 10-15 based on importance.

Thanks for reading. I’m dumb. Bye. I don’t want to embarrass myself further.

3 Likes

Gem choices was a good idea but what people said “It does take away from the story.” You wanna choose the better choose but you can’t because you don’t have enough gems and it really does discourage the reader. I think if readers are going to constantly spend their gems maybe give them daily gems or gem more than 1 gem when they read 4 stories or have author’s really lower the cost of a gem for the better choice.

2 Likes

Storytimeee!

Back when I was almost done reading Demi season 1 (long time ago), I used all my gems on this stupid love or clothing choice (thought it would help). Then I replayed the episode. (Not much of a difference without it.) From there, I’ve learned never ever, choose a gem choice if it means waiting for good featured stories which GIVE OUT gems for free.

Gem choices are scams. 

If they get released to the public...

All stories will be unaffordable, and unfair.
2 Likes

What I hated most was the Gem choices on Haute as Hell. Why should we pay to have the better outfit’s etc when the ending of the story was predictable. It’s obvious that the MC was going to win the competition in the end so why bother trying to get us to spend ridiculous amounts of Gems on outfits that wouldn’t change our progress at all. I would much rather use Gems on extra bonus scenes that would change the competition outcome rather than a certain outfit lmao.

5 Likes

What I think is that you all should think first. They can take away gem choices, but tbh, this app will probs have to be around 3.99 on the app store, and you will probs have to pay for acsess to read a story, because this is where they get there money from, so i except everyone here to hush it, and deal with it. Delete the app if you don’t like it. Simple as that. Stop complaining, its honestly really annoying.

1 Like

I disagree patently. For one, Episode has been out since 2014 - that’s 4 years - and in this time, they’ve been running the app fine because ads are actually pretty lucrative.

Two, a lot of people are complaining about the cost of gems and not the fact that they purely exist. People have an issue with the fact that it’s an app aimed at YOUNG GIRLS who don’t really have a reliable source of income and it’s taking away their ability to choose the story they want without having to pay a ridiculous amount of money. I don’t know what the currency is like where you’re from, but TWO CHOICES (around 25 gems each) costs £5 where I’m from. That’s madness. I could get two coffees for that price… or a whole lunch meal… for 30 seconds of extra content. It would cost LESS for people to pay a one-off price for the app than it does to rely on gems!

Three, this is a FORUM for us to voice our opinions and concerns. It’s completely understandable and acceptable for people to voice their concerns about how Episode is limiting their experience if they don’t use THEIR OWN MONEY. It is, after all, their money. They have a say in where it’s going and that doesn’t make people spoilt.

Four, nothing will change if we don’t make a point to say when we’re not happy. I hate when people defend Episode with things like this. Episode is a company that’s MADE by its fans, so if we want to say we’re unsure about something like gem choices, that’s all on us.

Five, many people have agreed with me when it comes to the idea of a subscription that gives you access to gem choices for a small monthly fee. People don’t have a problem with paying. It’s about making us feel like we are being heard and we’re not being exploited.

Six, this was kinda rude of you.

Seven, they get their money from AD REVENUE… and have done so for years. Ads are lucrative.

Eight, this is a COMMUNITY AUTHORS gem choices test. People are concerned that others will overuse and misuse the gem choices for choices that don’t affect the wider story.

Nine, why do you seem to think that Episode is free from criticism but you can throw around abuse because people are politely discussing whether or not gem choices for COMMUNITY stories is a good idea?

Ten, you commented 28 days - four whole weeks - after everyone else on here. Why are you re-starting this when clearly everyone else has moved on?

17 Likes

Agreed! I myself am writing a story currently and I would never use gem choices because I know how much I hate them. It’s so discouraging! It made me give up on ALOT of stories because the options just weren’t worth the gems. What will stop authors from making every choice gemmed so you can’t continue the story without spending gems?!

1 Like

they cost 2 diamonds lol

1 Like

My biggest issue is that they charge too much to use gems in the story. Make the choices more meaningful and make them cost less and in my opinion people would have less complaints about it.

2 Likes