Community stories will stop being free?

I have a feeling this is a ploy to promote more gem use so will probably opt to have more popular/trending stories have this gem option. Webtoons has a similar concept with coins but they’re far more chill about it but either way I am sing it with me Not spending geeeems

4 Likes

Definitely I’m with you!!! It wouldn’t be so bad if it was one gem, but eight!!! :exploding_head:. I’ve just submitted a support ticket so I’ll wait for their response. Hopefully it’s temporary.

4 Likes

If they want us to spend more gems, then it should be easier to earn them. A lot of users are teens, can’t use their parent’s credit cards to spend gems on stories :woman_shrugging:t2:

17 Likes

They’re really just gonna lose more customers if they end up doing this, cause some people might just quit episode altogether (Including me maybe). When will they understand that no one likes gems?

8 Likes

That’s not exactly what I’m trying to say, no offense. What I mean is that if episode does decide to do this, then they probably many will stop reading as none have that many gems to spend for a episode, I mean four hours for four passes is already way too much, imagine waiting for a longer time, many people will probably loose interest

3 Likes

I knew what you were saying lol. This thing they are testing will not work obviously and will discourage readers. But they want people to spend gems on their app and the only way to get more gems to spend is to buy them, so if they want people to spend gems then this is not the solution

8 Likes

The author put that there because lots of stories say ‘support the author’ or ‘don’t support’ unless I’m missing something here

1 Like

It’s not support the author. It’s basically paying gems to be able to read the remainder of the story.

1 Like

What the? Yeah a very good way to lose readers :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s stupid omg I suddenly don’t want my story to be popular :clown_face:

1 Like

Honestly, if this starts to be a thing I’m out. They already took out the daily rewards (so its practically impossible to get any gems), plus the currency in my country makes buying any gems or passes very expensive.

6 Likes

They did?? I get them every day

The thing that makes episode different from other interactive-stories apps is the user stories and how these don’t charge gems/diamonds to make the choices you want to make. Also, considering that the oficial stories are crap compared to other apps, this will only make people lose interest.

2 Likes

I still have those on my ipad (for now, anyway), but they took it off on my phone (android).

I have some thoughts that may be crazy, but maybe it will help bigger authors still make money while also getting less reads…

Like… the reads would drop on a story like this right? But the authors could still possibly make the same amount of money since some people will probably pay for the chapters and make up for the drop in reads? Maybe?

If they have less reads, they may drop in trending and give more authors a chance to trend???

1 Like

But the thing is, the amount of reads will decrease in a rate that no gem option can compensate.

6 Likes

I seriously doubt that people (specially the younger audience that don’t own credit cards) will go around giving money just to read a single story.

2 Likes

Yes possibly!! But I’ve seen it on other apps and I have friends who pay for those stories. I do not hahhaa.

3 Likes

I think it could be cool like. If you paid gems for the chapters. It should be like you bought it and you should then be able to read the story as many times as you want for free.

1 Like

I think it depends a lot on who is the target audience of the app. Like, it’s more likely that people would pay for stories on a matures app, but episode has a huge amount of young readers ( I would even dare to say they are the majority here) who can’t easily spend real money on this things.

3 Likes