Community story shelf?

Ok firstly, I’m not sure which category this goes in, I hope it’s correct and if not please feel free to change it @Sydney_H

Anyway, I was checking episode today and there’s a shelf for community stories on the home page!

Has anyone else got it? If so, this has been requested for at least twice and I’m happy episode is listening to us. Thanks episode!

5 Likes

Wait, What?!
This is awesome!! :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Woah! Glad they are listening to us!

1 Like

I didn’t even notice this wow.

1 Like

Judging by the looks of it, it’s just gonna be another shelf for me to scroll pass on the way to my favorites.

Really don’t think we needed yet another shelf for stories trending in their own genre to be broadcasted on, but then again, everything Episode does now is an obvious cash grab so not surprised really.

11 Likes

I just remembered I had it yesterday, it went off for me today that’s probably why I forgot at first I thought it was cool for authors. I remember when I first downloaded the app I didn’t know other authors made stories which this gives authors a chance to get reads however when I was browsing most of the stories there on the shelf has a lot of reads already not saying it’s bad but they can have the shelf there but also make a shelf for new authors.

2 Likes

isnt it just the same stories there already is in top on stories we love, like its great they try to find more ways to advatise stories, but what does it help when its just the same popular stories on the list.

2 Likes

I agree on this. They should put some stories that aren’t romance. Thriller, action and adventure stories are underrated

This too. It’s more like the “Trending Stories” shelf but on the homepage now that I see it…

4 Likes

I didn’t see that shelf in mine…:neutral_face:

1 Like

I do agree that Episode is not very clear to new users what community stories are. They essentially just tell you that you’ve unlocked the community catalogue with little explanation to what it is or how to use the genre and shelf tabs to explore it. But they could just….give that explanation. As soon as they did, users would already see the same stories in the trending tab and likely the within the top 10 of their respective genre tabs.

If they wanted it to be easier to find stories, they would fix their tag and filtered search system so that it was more functional.

4 Likes

You can check out the shelf announcement here! Testing a New Shelf: Top Community Stories

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like