Comparing art styles Then: -to Now:

Hey so this sort of thread is probably already a thing but I was thinking of creating a thread for everyone’s comparing their first edit to there recent to both show other people’s improvement and how it only takes time to improve and your own improvements to show why you should be so proud of every single edit you make even if you think it’s terrible-

In this thread you can (optional):

•receive constructive criticism

•give tips and tricks

•advice

•of course we need tons of positivity

•point out things that are easily improve-able and just all around help everyone

I will be the first to show mine as I created the thread I believe mine is a 3 month difference but I don’t have much time to edit so it’s around 4 or 5 edits between them so please feel welcome to post- comment and like as much as you want!

2 Likes

Then:

Now:

Not too much improvement due to my lack of editing time however I’ve tried my best (:

12 Likes

Omg GURLLLL amazing job :flushed::sob::sob::sob:

Here’s Mine lmaoO

Then:
:arrow_down:

Now:
:arrow_down:

It’ll be a year since I created that edit in June something 2019 since I made the “Then” one in June of 2018

6 Likes

Then:

Now:

I honestly don’t think it’s much of an improvement buuut…
first one was in December last year, second was done April this year. :blush:

5 Likes

These are both so amazing :two_hearts: knocked my socks right off

1 Like

These are so cute too! I love your style so much! :sparkles:

1 Like

Then:

Now:

I also have Limelight version

Then:

Now:

I don’t really know the dates since I took a lot of breaks :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

OMG you’re edits are so amazing! :two_hearts: the improvement you’ve made is so big everyone’s made such big improvements and I’m so glad I got to see the difference of them and now (:

1 Like

:joy: Thank you :heartpulse::two_hearts::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Then: Screenshot_20181005-171230_ibisPaint%20X

Now:

I did the “Then” About 2 years ago

4 Likes

Thank you sm :sob::heart_eyes:

1 Like

AAAAAA they’re so beautiful! Keep up the amazing work! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Just being honest :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Aww Thank You! :black_heart:

1 Like

Witch program do you like to use?
I try to do it on My Phone, but im thinking to start on My computer too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use ibis paint x on my phone

2 Likes

Okay, thats the one im learning too :grinning:

1 Like

This is an image from last year that I drew:

I wanted to change my art style and go from manga to more semi realism. I have a drawing tablet since 2 years, but it was very small and I never drew on it and kind of felt ashamed because drawing digitally was totally new to me( my drawings looked horrible compared to my traditional ones.) Last year on christmas I got a hugger one with an actual touch display and I took the courage to draw more digitally, since this was my fear. This is the current picture im working on (dont have an update version on my mobile tho, so progress picture of yesterday):

Edit: Just made a photo of my tablet, not the best quality (nothing much changed, had not much time today to draw):

Im actually proud of myself for developing a semi realistic art style that I like. And for people who say „But you drawings look always good!“ :

Thats a super super supeer old drawing of mine when I was about 8 years old (The Sailor Moon Phase is calling me again). Improvement takes time and effort. Back then, I thougt this drawing was good.

Same with this one:

Today, Im cringing when I see those eyes :sweat_smile:

And today I am more than happy with my progress. And you should too :heart:

Edit 2: Forgot to say that I was always that person that compared herself to other artists who had like 10 years full drawing experience. I always thougt ‚why can‘t I draw like that? Im never going to be able to do so.‘ These thoughts were wrong. Don‘t compare yourself to others to feel bad. Everyones art is special in their own way. Rather than acting depressed like me when I saw those big artists, take it as an inspiration(-> thats what I do today). There are no rules how art needs to look like and even the biggest of us started small.

Small metaphor of mine:
You can‘t cook a good meal in 5 minutes. It takes time and effort to cook it.

And thats the same with art.

3 Likes

Gosh this is so amazing!

1 Like

Then

now

4 Likes