Constructive Criticism and Critic

Do you want to improve but don’t know where to start? Do you need some tips? Well you’ve come to the right place! This thread will help to improve your knowledge and understanding of proper shading, blushing, anatomy and more! Comment down below or private message me for critics on your work. :blush::love_letter:

1 Like

May I have some help on this plz.

Tyyyy.:relieved:

1 Like

The thing that mainly stands out to me is the shading and highlights. The highlights in the hair at way to bright since it is being shaded by the umbrella. May I suggest using an overlay layer to shade. By putting a lower opacity layer over top of the piece you might find it easier to focus on the shading a bit more. If that doesn’t work then try placing a temporary arrow where the light source is coming from. If those two methods don’t work try shading before you put down color. You won’t be distracted by trying to get the shading to contrast over the flat background colors. Also, if you want to try something new, maybe try using just one color to shade. Red tones give the piece and warmer feeling while blue tones give it a colder feeling. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_closed_eyes:!
tumblr_ot1nrpWCN71rgsy6yo1_500|500x500
Here is a little reference picture i found on google that may help you get an over all idea. credit goes to Relseiy

2 Likes

Ty!:bowing_woman:t5::bowing_woman:t5:

1 Like