Constructive Criticism+Feedback for the Episode Forums

We kind of don’t make some things easy for the mods. It’s just some transparency of any kind would help and communication. There’s times where things get hectic, but as said before, there are times where the thread is mostly peaceful with only a few bad apples who ruin the flow of the thread. I’m still confused though. You said the only way a post can be hidden is if it’s reviewed by a member of the moderation team.

In this post by Discourse, it says that post with three flags get automatically hidden. Is true or not?

2 Likes

I would be happy to help you with that but I am only a Forum worker and have nothing to do with writing guidelines. This would be best directed in a ticket to the support team here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003669454-How-to-File-a-Support-Ticket

1 Like

Most of the time they don’t answer :eyes:

This is true. And that is not something that I believe we can change but will look further into it. If a member of the team see’s that a post or thread has been flagged 3+ times we handle it when we can get to it. Tbh it’s not very easy organizing flags/reports in a community with over 100k people in it :heart:. I genuinely hope this is helping everyone feel more at ease.

4 Likes

Honestly you answering my questions brought me some sorts of peace .

4 Likes

sorry if this isn’t related to this topic, this is for the mods. i think someone from the episode team/mods team needs to release a statement about the statements/rumours the trolls, and some other people have been claiming the episode team/fourm mods have been doing, or at least has done. to bring people at ease at least. Edit: Lol, just deleted half of the paragraph i was going to follow this up with. Another edit: Nevermind, I’m just going to post the other half so it doesn’t go to waste.

2 Likes

This is a suggestion for the community, but maybe more easygoing threads would be nice. I’m guilty of this too, but I think it might be good if we weren’t tense with each other all the time and have a fun discussion over something like a game or show you really like. The things I never notice is when some threads get automatically closed because of a lack of activity or bumps to ensure more life is breathed into a thread. There’s some hidden gems out there, but they might get buried under some more tense or repetitive threads.

2 Likes

ok here’s the other half cause why not:
whilst i’m not believing anything since no proof has been shown, there has been quite disturbing rumours about what the mods have been able to access, or between the episode team and some readers. some people are believing it. im not sure if what they’re saying is just a way for them to take down episode as a whole for no reason, but as i said earlier, people are beginning to believe it, and this could hurt episode’s reputation, especially if what they’re saying is false. of course, i’m not going to say what they’ve been saying, as what i’ve said earlier, is quite disturbing, but the fourms will be in a lot of trouble if you guys don’t update the system, or at least say something about this. also, i think you guys should consider opening the rp section back. my previous account on fourms (not this one), never got to experience using the rp section, however, i could tell it meant a lot to people, and you guys have lost a few people as the rp section was a way for them to step out of their comfort zone and make friends. to end this all, i also hope you can take into account that some people have been suspended for the most ridiculous reasons. i’m not going to name anyone, however, this person was banned for speaking their mind, and raising up problems that people have been too scared to speak about, yet they were the only people trying to help you guys out and talking about it, with no malicious intents. they were also suspended for defending their race. along with that, they were quite helpful with their guides, and has helped so many people improve their writing. i understand and appreciate you guys put a lot of time and effort into protecting the fourms for us, however, i hope you guys can take this all into account in any of your meetings.

3 Likes

The Forum Team has access to the flagging system that keeps track of every valid violation of every member of the forums. We are able to see the account and violation history of every community member on the forums. You all can’t see any of it :sob: Reason I’m saying this? The suspended users violated the forum rules and unfortunately got suspended for it. If our forum members had access to see all the violations that we can see then it would be a million times more clear for everyone to understand…but it would also be an invasion of privacy :sob:. Can’t win em all but please rest assured that our team are working behind the scenes to make everyone’s experience here the best possible :grin:

Also, please check out the Moderation Guidelines thread that explains what is considered a rule violation and how the forum team handles them. It’s really shows everything that we go by :heart:

7 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I saw a mod say that a post gets automatically hidden after it gets flagged three times, which kind of explains why posts that don’t violate the forum rules get hidden. Did they change that recently or something?

3 Likes

Even tho a lot of people been talking about this on this thread… a better flagging system.
It’s would be a life changing, because i seen some people got flagged for no reason or got flagged on everything they said.

3 Likes

Stop banning all the good users :nail_care:t5::coffee:

3 Likes

Hello there. I have a question for the Episode Forums.

I don’t want to come off as rude, but I’ve seen users who got banned for defending themselves. And my questions is: why do users get banned for standing up for themselves? I’ve heard about the term “backseat modding” before. But I don’t understand why this thing is such a big deal that it makes a user get banned. Defending yourself isn’t inherently a bad thing, and sitting there and remaining silent won’t solve the situation. There’s always a better way to handle these kind of situations in the forums, but I don’t think silencing users is the answer to it. I hope the forums can come up with a better way to solve these problems so that users here won’t feel the need to step in to these kind of problems anymore. Restricting someone to do something isn’t making the situation any better. I don’t want to question the job of the mods here, but I do hope they can come up with better ways in dealing with the problems in the forums.

2 Likes