Content Guidelines

EXACTLY!! Kissing can be mon sexual too!!

1 Like

@Arlene is this against the guidelines?

1 Like

what do you mean?

1 Like

Hey Rebecca,

It actually does specifically say you can’t use real people in your stories. Here is the relevant text from the guidelines above:

• any references to real persons or places.

I hope this clarifies things!

But:

In addition, by publishing your story, you agree that it does not include any content that infringes the intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party. This may include using any of the following without permission:

• any works of authorship of other parties, including excerpts or passages taken from literary works, television or film;
  • any trademarks or references to corporate or business names; or
  • any references to real persons or places.

That seems to indicate we can WITH permission, though…

2 Likes

No, that would not be a TOS violation.

4 Likes

I was referring to the fact that it goes to specify celebrities after that and I interpreted that as we only can’t use celebrities. My mistake in interpretation. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying.

Okay thanks!!

Hey Liz,
So let me get this straight.
You expect from episode authors who have planned for months stories with crossovers, that have authors in them, include punching, to change that?
Well then, why doesn’t episode change that as well?
What about the crossover of positively princess with another story?
What about rhe explicit sexual content of " In my Bed…" that turned in to a “cleaner” version, still including sexual content that violates the guidelines? Or what about the glorification of assault ( like in My First everything there was a choice to hit a teacher with a car? ) or what about inapproporiate sexual relationships with teachers, step brothers, step fathers, dad’s /mom’s friends?
Oh wait, what about the fact that you have used famous people like cameron dallas, the dolan twins, the pretty little liars or copied movies like pitch perfect, clueless, mean girls and pretty little liars.
Shit, what about you stealing user’s stories.
Do instant princess and kisslist ring a bell?
If you want to make authors leave, at least don’t humiliate yourself in the process.
Why should they change stuff if you can’t?
Oh and let me not start about collegish about breaking the law and going to a college while being IN HIGHSCHOOL
Well that’s not something new, since almost all of your character’s on stories break laws.
But you are episode, so it doesnt matter right?

8 Likes

Only five per chapter?!?!?

That’s not excessive at all!!! That’s barely even in the kitty pool

Moral of the story is that our stories will always break guidelines lol

1 Like

Some of us have no interest in stories with celebrities in them.

And besides the point, Episode was allowed to make those stories because they had a contract with them about it. Episode is not a platform for fanfiction, it is a platform for original stories (referencing community stories here, not episode) So it makes sense that authors are not allowed to publish things with celebrities.

4 Likes

I’m a little confused right now.
So we’re not allowed to say:
Proofreader: @namesome*
Art: @nameanother*

???

Its 5 in scene.

I THINK that’s OK? It’s depicting people’s likenesses in scene that’s the issue.

3 Likes

It’s not just 5 per scene. It’s 5-10 but it’s all depends on the context of the situation. A fight scene between multiple people would differ from just one person punching another multiple times.

2 Likes

@xSundayCoffeex’s comment was in response to Tyler’s post about curse words being limited to “~5 per chapter.”

1 Like

Is it okay if the main character under 13 isn’t a photo of a real person but a Episode avatar or a drawn cartoon by my hands, or…? Cuz’ there’s a lot of kids on episode as main characters.

2 Likes

Did people not see what comment I replied to?

Thanks for clarifying for me. Was super annoying when my phone went off and it was about things not related to what I said :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Arlene what about flashbacks to the MC’s past when they were under the age of 13. What if the plot is driven by the fact that you have to show your MC as a child in one point or another in the story - does that mean that authors cannot do that?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

We can’t have kids on our covers or as main characters??? Why?? That doesn’t make any sense at all

1 Like