Content Guidelines

Some of us have no interest in stories with celebrities in them.

And besides the point, Episode was allowed to make those stories because they had a contract with them about it. Episode is not a platform for fanfiction, it is a platform for original stories (referencing community stories here, not episode) So it makes sense that authors are not allowed to publish things with celebrities.

4 Likes

I’m a little confused right now.
So we’re not allowed to say:
Proofreader: @namesome*
Art: @nameanother*

???

Its 5 in scene.

I THINK that’s OK? It’s depicting people’s likenesses in scene that’s the issue.

3 Likes

It’s not just 5 per scene. It’s 5-10 but it’s all depends on the context of the situation. A fight scene between multiple people would differ from just one person punching another multiple times.

2 Likes

@xSundayCoffeex’s comment was in response to Tyler’s post about curse words being limited to “~5 per chapter.”

1 Like

Is it okay if the main character under 13 isn’t a photo of a real person but a Episode avatar or a drawn cartoon by my hands, or…? Cuz’ there’s a lot of kids on episode as main characters.

2 Likes

Did people not see what comment I replied to?

Thanks for clarifying for me. Was super annoying when my phone went off and it was about things not related to what I said :joy::joy::joy::joy:

@Arlene what about flashbacks to the MC’s past when they were under the age of 13. What if the plot is driven by the fact that you have to show your MC as a child in one point or another in the story - does that mean that authors cannot do that?? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

We can’t have kids on our covers or as main characters??? Why?? That doesn’t make any sense at all

1 Like

@ForumAdmin if someone made a fanfiction story, is that against guidelines? For example if someone made a story based in Hogwarts from Harry Potter?

2 Likes

Well it’s a flashback… If the MC isn’t 13, or younger, at the present time or for the majority of the episode, then it should be fine.

Otherwise, ask the review team.

3 Likes

There are laws protecting children. Just because it’s a cartoon, that doesn’t mean people should be allowed to get around it.

1 Like

Okay, that makes sense :slight_smile:

It’s 5 punches per scene

3 Likes

They clarified this a couple days ago. It’s 5-10 per scene, but it’s contextual.

2 Likes

Yes, fanfiction isn’t allowed

2 Likes

Underage users shouldn’t even be using the app. Episode is a 13+ app so there shouldn’t be anything catered to anyone younger tbh

5 Likes

People under the age of 13 can’t use the app because Pocket Gems, Episode’s parent company, likely collects data on its users, similar to most social media networks. Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and Instagram all have this same age requirement for the same reason.

The reason they have this rule is that they are acting in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule in the United States, where Pocket Gems is based. Under this rule, they cannot collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental permission.
Any underage kid can pretty much lie about parental permission (I know I did when was younger) so many websites, not just Episode, have this requirement.

They are doing it to follow legal procedures to protect the privacy of children. Adding a mature section will not skirt around this, as it’s the law.

7 Likes

Soon enough it seem we only allow to use the defaults!! >:(