Content Warnings on Episode

aww

In an actual PG 13 movie or show, you can get away with quite a bit.
Episodes would like to keep it classier I think.

1 Like

Guys, I would appreciate it if someone could reply. I’m a complete beginner when it comes to writing my own story. My question would be: Do I have to censor every single swear word I use? Like, is the worst that can happen I lose the right to be featured or they’re gonna ban my story or something? I 'm really against censoring everything if I don’t really have to. I’m fine with not being featured lol

4 Likes

You have to asterik every profanity, i.e. f*ck. You also can use abbreviations, e.g. AF, WTF, etc.

These are some of the mild profanities that may appear uncensored:

• Bastard
  • Crap
  • Damn
  • Douche
  • Hell
  • Skank

If your story violates the guidelines, you don’t get banned immadiately after one violation. You receive a mail from Episode which part of your story is against the guidelines and they give you time to correct it.:slight_smile: So don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

Thank you so so so much! <333

2 Likes

I actually had hell marked as a word that didn’t fit in the guidelines by episode, I was forced to asterik it.

2 Likes

I actually had a background rejected because the guy was topless facing rear, they said it was implied nudity (custom art scene)

2 Likes

I can use this in my story?

2 Likes

Are Parody of real stories/movies allowed? Surely they’re protected under fair use

1 Like

I had a scene where two characters hugged (non-sexually) and the female was topless. Out of all the scenes I had to change in my review, they had no objection to this. Some reviewers are too strict, it some are more fair

3 Likes

We can do something about it when we educate people.

Educate people on what lol? If Episode wants to keep the app on Apple/Google then it has to adhere by certain censorship rules. There’s nothing to “educate” people on that. They have to have these rules to keep the app up and running.

2 Likes

In general, I’m saying.

#FreeTheNipple has existed since 2012 but ok lol

1 Like

As a new writer, I appreciate posts like these to guide us. Thank you!

2 Likes

welcome to the community :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:, if you need any help, i am here

wait i saw stories were the characters are making out but WITH the censor bars, is that against the rules?

Yeah that’s not allowed. You should report it if you see it. They can make out in underwear but not with censor bars.

3 Likes

Ty for clarifying this, though the message wasn’t towards me I’ve seen this many times before (I didn’t know it was against the rules but I’ll definitely report it next time)

2 Likes