Content Warnings on Episode

I am really having a hard time understanding the nudity aspect, if nudity isn’t allowed even as implied why have the censor bars available? I know I went through a couple of my stories that crossed the line prior to the new guidelines, but I have also read some pretty graphic stories, I am an adult so it didn’t bother me, but if nudity whether implied or not is against the rules then take out the censor bars.

5 Likes

That’s the thing. Censor bars aren’t nudity. They were made so people would not have characters nude.

1 Like

Nudity is allowed but not in a sexual context.

If your character is taking a shower alone then they can be nude with the censor bar :ballot_box_with_check:

But your characters are kissing/touching in a bed implied to have sex with censor bars :x:

5 Likes

hi! i have some questions on the guidelines. i want to create a story entirely based off of a show, but i would label it a fan fiction. Is this allowed?

1 Like

No, fanfics aren’t allowed ):

1 Like

aww

In an actual PG 13 movie or show, you can get away with quite a bit.
Episodes would like to keep it classier I think.

1 Like

Guys, I would appreciate it if someone could reply. I’m a complete beginner when it comes to writing my own story. My question would be: Do I have to censor every single swear word I use? Like, is the worst that can happen I lose the right to be featured or they’re gonna ban my story or something? I 'm really against censoring everything if I don’t really have to. I’m fine with not being featured lol

4 Likes

You have to asterik every profanity, i.e. f*ck. You also can use abbreviations, e.g. AF, WTF, etc.

These are some of the mild profanities that may appear uncensored:

• Bastard
  • Crap
  • Damn
  • Douche
  • Hell
  • Skank

If your story violates the guidelines, you don’t get banned immadiately after one violation. You receive a mail from Episode which part of your story is against the guidelines and they give you time to correct it.:slight_smile: So don’t worry about it.

4 Likes

Thank you so so so much! <333

2 Likes

I actually had hell marked as a word that didn’t fit in the guidelines by episode, I was forced to asterik it.

2 Likes

I actually had a background rejected because the guy was topless facing rear, they said it was implied nudity (custom art scene)

2 Likes

I can use this in my story?

2 Likes

Are Parody of real stories/movies allowed? Surely they’re protected under fair use

1 Like

I had a scene where two characters hugged (non-sexually) and the female was topless. Out of all the scenes I had to change in my review, they had no objection to this. Some reviewers are too strict, it some are more fair

3 Likes

We can do something about it when we educate people.

Educate people on what lol? If Episode wants to keep the app on Apple/Google then it has to adhere by certain censorship rules. There’s nothing to “educate” people on that. They have to have these rules to keep the app up and running.

2 Likes

In general, I’m saying.

#FreeTheNipple has existed since 2012 but ok lol

1 Like