Cookie's Uncensored Reviews šŸ”’

Oh my god Iā€™m crying :sob: Iā€™m gonna fix all the things you mentioned, thank you!

3 Likes

Just update fast woman :smiley: :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying :sob:

2 Likes

@writingwithjade - Echo Kreek

1st Episode

• That Intro is quite intense.
  • When Elijah is walking from the police station heā€™s kinda walking down. Dunno. Maybe it would make sense to make him go to the side and getting bigger? I think it would look more realistic.
  • When MC is thanking Mauve the zoom kinda cuts MCā€™s half.
  • Is it intentionally that you people zoom so that parts of the character are cut? Maybe itā€™s just me obsessing over this.

2nd Episode

• Owww. That dog is so cute ^^
  • Love how u worked with overlays. That fog is awesome.

3rd Episode

• So the same thing I see as in the previous review. Instead of scaling characters, to make them look further, you just place them higher. Check the guide below. And I noticed you do it most of the time, with walking commands as well.
Guide

• I donā€™t really understand the meaning of the choice about Alona. Like, readers already saw that she is shady and dislike Phyre. Makes the choice kinda obvious.

4th Episode

• Um. Iā€™m not sure, but I think you didnā€™t mention who we are allowed to customize. I suppose those all are love interests? Maybe it is worth mentioning.
  • reader message - ā€œShirley become interestedā€. I guess it is became
  • When Shirley is talking with Phyre, maybe u could try to do this over the shoulder directing thing? Cause it looks like Shirley is talking with her back turned to Phyre. For this stuff, I usually duplicate character, place them somewhere else in the background and just keep switching zones.
  • Yeah. TBH Iā€™m not really sure whatā€™s going on, I mean plot, but itā€™s not super-confusing, I just need more pieces of it. I suppose thereā€™s a curse connected with the necklace. And Phyre seems to be cursed. Dunno why tho. And that lady in bloody clothes was hella creepy.
  • ā€œIā€™m doneā€. This tab makes me giggle. Iā€™m done :smiley:

5th Episode

• ā€œEgg.ā€ :DDD What. Emilyā€¦

So overall. Dialogues are very good, smooth and differ from character to character. The plot is also good, unique and seems to be well written. Point system is cool. I think u know all of this :wink:
Directing mostly is great. You do well with zoom, overlays and basically everything.
Only issues I have with it are:

1. Use of non-talking animations on dialogue lines, like laugh, eyeroll etc. I think I mention it in 85% of reviews.
  2. Zooms. Sometimes you cut characters, either horizontally or their heads. This is going throughout the story.
  3. Some walking to spot commands and perspective. I mentioned it in the comments for 3rd episode.
  4. I noticed a couple of time that you use one animation several times in a row. It might be okay with some of them, but if it is arms crossed animation, it isā€¦ kinda bugging?
    Otherwise, your story is great, and I really dunno how it doesnā€™t have more reads. Iā€™d only advise updating more often, cause I think the 5th episode was coming for months.
    There wasnā€™t a lot I mentioned, but mostly cause everything was very solid.
    Good luck with ur story, hope it was helpful.
2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m glad you liked it. I do need to go over the zooms/scaling in my directing and tenses in my sentencesā€¦ I often times make those mistakes. Itā€™s just so much code to go through! :sweat_smile: I definitely will go over that though, thanks for pointing that out!

Edit: Oh yeah, the two characters youā€™re able to customize are love interests, I should probably mention that as you saidā€¦

1 Like

Password: Evil Cookie
Title: Bad Behavior
Author: Liyah
Summary: How will Alana, Lucas, Ryan and Rachel survive their past and conquer their futureā€¦
If bad behavior follows them everywhere, they go?
Cover:

My main certain would be ways to improve. (If you spot any spelling errors or wrong usage of punctuationā€¦ That would be nice.)

Iā€™m pretty sure you posted request before in my thread but didnā€™t use the right form, therefore was declined. Was it?

I donā€™t believe I was declined.
I do know that I deleted because I had some errors I wanted to fix before I got a review.

If u say so. Ok.

1 Like

Title: The Jinxx Chronicles: Maces and Talons
Author: oakleafapprentice
Description: A different planet, a different world, and a different culture. Mysterious sects and a rebel leader just makes Ariā€™s job that much harder.
Small Cover:

The Main Concern: This is the first story Iā€™m doing as a visual novel instead of an interactive one. Itā€™s also the first one where I use a lot of different overlays and effects. I want to know if the flow is good, if the plot makes sense, and what can be improved on! Itā€™s not published at the moment, so Iā€™ll DM you a link. Thereā€™s a chapter and a half complete, more to be added soon!

1 Like

Shit I didnā€™t realize the password was part of the formā€¦ can I redo my entry for a reviewā€‹:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Title: Queen
Author: Steffi
Description: All her life, Devina was raised learning the ways of being a proper lady of the nobility. But her life is suddenly disrupted when a royal advisor visits and reveals to her that she is the next monarch of Artesia. WIll she reign? Or will she renounce her claim to the throne? Will she choose love or duty? Itā€™s all up to you!!

What is the main concern about your story?: I would really like your complete honest thoughts on the writing, directing, and characters.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add u

1 Like

Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

just want to let you know I havenā€™t forgotten! I am nearly done with all three episodes! i have one and two done and episode 3 is halfway done. as soon as i finish i will let you know and hopefully you can check it out. :smile: but no worries if you canā€™t get to it.

1 Like

I havenā€™t too, :joy::joy::joy: was slacking for a bit. Will try to do some reviews tomorrow

1 Like

Lol itā€™s ok nobody is paying you to do this so itā€™s on your time youā€™re schedule basically . I am going to try to hurry up because I really want to get your input on my story it was really helpful the last time

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: :sunflower:

1 Like

Password: Mad Cookie
Title: Rosecroft Academy
Author: Athena Rose
Description: A girl recently finds out she has supernatural gifts. Will she be able to handle college life while crossing paths with two mysterious men, one of whom might be her soulmate?

Main concern: I donā€™t know, I just like reading reviews :wink:

Yeah, not a good enough reason for me. Wasting 1-2 hours on a review, so that you have something to read. Thanks no thanks.