Copyrighted Background Help

Hey! My bar background has been rejected because it’s copyrighted apparently, I got it from Pinterest and can’t find anything about whether it is copyrighted or not. Can someone please help me find out as I really need this background in my story and I’m going to have to re-do all my character positioning, zooms, speech bubbles, ext, which will take forever and I really want to continue writing.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you :heart:

1 Like

These are awesome but I’m looking for THAT exact background :pleading_face:
Thank you for your help though, I’ll possibly use those in the future x

1 Like

I have a feeling that’s a background from a competitor app. Maybe Chapters? In which case you wouldn’t be able to use it for the reason episode said when they rejected it.

1 Like

I found on a page called “episode backgrounds” so I don’t know, but that could possibly be the reason why.

I sent it to my writers group chat and they said that it looks fine and there’s nothing wrong with it.

It may be a ‘hidden background’ that can only be used for Episode Official stories, in that case you will not be able to use it; no matter what you change.

1 Like

I have seen that background before in a story :thinking:

Thanks @Priyansh for mentioning! :heart:

@LORA.WRITER you can not use backgrounds from Pinterest, if you want to be safe. Mostly all are copyrighted.

3 Likes

I don’t know but Maybe just erasing Everything else except the counter and replacing the shelf and others with something else might help I think…I don’t know if it makes sense…I’m not good at explaining… :thought_balloon:
Or else just make another background with everything different but make it in a way that the materialls align with this background so that you won’t have to change the coding if u already did it

1 Like

Me too but I don’t know wich…

It was in a mafia story… that’s all I remember

I sadly don’t remember :neutral_face:

You can not use hidden backgrounds, copyrighted background etc on here… The chances of anyone finding where or how it’s copyrighted is pretty slim. Artist can copyright their work with a creative commons license for their work- there’s no list of who has their work copyrighted. And Pinterest is an awful place to find backgrounds because they can be saved (“pinned”) from any website and you will go down a rabbit hole trying to find information on the original creator to license/ask permission to use.

Your best bet is browsing the dozens of “free backgrounds/overlays” posts here, or going to royalty-free sites like episodelife.com, freepik.com, pexels.com, pixabay.com, or search https://www.flickr.com/creativecommons/ and set the filter to CC0 images (these will be CC free) and create your own using FotoSketcher or another filter/editor. OR you can post and ask someone to make you a background similar to this one.

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s probably easier to find a different background, but I’m going to have to recode everything apart from the dialogue :woman_facepalming:x

Thank you, this was very helpful. I guess I’ll just have to find another one, it will take time to re-code everything but it’s my only option right now x

1 Like

i have a bar background in my drive

here’s the link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rGwUbRImYwsuapmPWrqwNjC5PzVxSAwu?usp=sharing
u can check it out its in the folder called “pub/restaurant/diner” you can credit me @epii.jessica instagram if you would like to use my backgrounds…
thank you :relaxed: :yay:

1 Like

Sorry for the spam

If you want i can create you the same background aligned the same way except it would be very different from it…im taking background requests currently

1 Like

Also, with Pinterest, because users can save artists on the forums work (via their own sites) and not credit correctly- which in turn would just create a bunch of unnecessary drama if the person sees you use their work without credit.
So, yeah. It sucks to have to undo all of your hard work but, in the long run- it’d be better than getting attacked for ‘stealing’ someone else’s work. Episodelife.com has a lot of great backgrounds- just make sure you read the stuff under the picture to see how they want credit (Some do, some don’t). And Fotosketcher is a completely free image editor that can mimic close to the art style that Episode uses for their backgrounds. ( I use this for my edited backgrounds and it’s pretty close so it won’t stand out against the ones episode gives us.)

2 Likes

These are amazing but I have found a background I can use, thank you so much though :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: x

1 Like

Thank you for those links, I have just looked through the backgrounds and have found some I like, and of course I will credit the creator :heart:x

2 Likes